Return damaged item

I ordered a custom sized sheet of acrylic. The seller sent a link so I could enter the size and I paid.

The sheet arrived smashed. I sent photos to the seller.

I can't open a return request as the item isn't listed in my purchase history so there's nothing to select.

I've emailed eBay numerous times but keep getting the same response.. open a return request !! I used my only account and not as a guest.

How the heck do I communicate with a robot!? I want to speak with an agent but the robot doesn't give me an option.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Return damaged item

How exactly did you pay?

It sounds as if, by using the link, you unwittingly entered into an off-Ebay deal.

If that is the case, and you did not pay through Ebay checkout, then there won't be anything that Ebay can do.

You could try your payment provider.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Return damaged item

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If you did an off ebay deal and didn't go through the ebay checkout to pay then the item won't be covered by ebay and you won't be able to make a claim for a refund.

Also,not all items are covered and you only get 30 days from the estimated delivery date to a make a claim when an item is eligible

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent