Why do most of my listings not allow SEND OFFER even though they have watchers?

I have several listings but only one of them has the option to SEND OFFER to the watchers. The others only have the PROMOTE IT option.  I have noticed this is something that started to happen a few months ago. Previously all my listings always had the SEND OFFER option on them. I realise the listing must have watchers to enable SEND OFFER but many of mine do, but still there is no option to SEND OFFER. Thanks for any advice that can be offered. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Your offers get sent to buyers who satisfy a number of conditions including:

1.  They haven't received an offer from you for the same listing previously.

2.  They haven't purchase the same item from you previously

3.  They're watching your item

4. They've had the item in their shopping basket for a period of time

5. They've viewed your listing multiple times

6. They're a buyer in good standing on eBay.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply. My listings meet these conditions - I haven't ever been able to SEND OFFER at any time, even though they have watchers. The only option there is is PROMOTE IT. Only one of my listings has SEND OFFER available. Would you suggest perhaps that I end the listings and start them anew and see if that re-institutes the SEND OFFER option? Thanks. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Of your 'buy it now' listings, only one has any watchers - the helmet (have you got two or is that a duplicate listing?) has 9 watchers.

You can only send offers for buy it now listings, not auctions.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Just a point you seem to have missed, in the conditions listed by tressygirl no. 6. There is no way you can know a watcher is of good standing.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent