No payment received, Ebay has suspended account

This is on behalf of my daughter whose account has been suspended by Ebay. She put up a set of Dr Who books on 22nd October 2023. Some books were bought for £77 plus £20 postage on 27th October and my daughter posted them to the buyer on 31st October as she was away and could not post them before them.   EBay permanently suspended my daughter's account on 30th October for "violating the site policies" but did not state what those policies are.  The buyer has received the  books according to the order status but my daughter is still awaiting payment. And the system will not allow her to contact the buyer. I have been using Ebay for years and never had any problems. My daughter cannot contact the buyer or Ebay to let them know she still has not been paid. Ebay has not given her a reason why her account has been suspended. 

It seems impossible to contact Ebay direct so hopefully someone on this forum can help or someone from Ebay will see my message and offer help.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Can your daughter still log into her eBay account?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Can your daughter still log into her eBay account?

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

No. She just gets this message. 

When she clicks on any of the links it asks her to sign in again and this page keeps appearing. 

We have no idea what she has done to get the account suspended. Or why the buyer has not paid her. She cannot contact the buyer but we don't know if this is because her Ebay account is suspended or because the buyer has blocked her. 

IMG-20231227-WA0000.jpg

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

That's all most odd, but unfortunately can only be sorted out by eBay, and it wouldn't be possible for you to contact them on her behalf (due to data protection).

Can she sign in via an eBay log in page, not any of those links?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/signin/

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi Vyolla

It is very odd and so frustrating. She is a student and could do with her money. Thank you for your help. I will ask her to try and sign in with the link you have sent. 

Thanks again and Happy New Year to you. 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Buyer can not block while in a transaction, but in any case, this is nothing to done with the buyer, they paid to managed payments, where presumably the money is still sitting.

We are members like you so we have no idea what the problem is, I do not feel that late late dispatch would cause suspension, but also as I cannot see her account, I wonder if she is properly registered for Managed Payments and whether it is a temporary suspension or permanent.

Is this a first sale, or has she sold in the past?

There is reference to looking at managed payments, has she been able to do this?. 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

It is the first time she has sold on Ebay. She has managed to access her Seller's Standard Dashboard (whatever that is) and there is nothing negative against her account.  She cannot understand why her account has been permanently suspended.  Are you saying that the payer will have paid and Ebay are holding her money back? 

She has available funds in her account which "will be made in your next payout".  They have been available since 26th November.  She does know how she cam access her money. She has managed to access a feedback form and is leaving feedbackasking how she can access her money. Hopefully she will be able to get an answer.  

Thank you for your reply. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I’ve found that the quickest way to contact eBay Customer Services is via the link below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

There's a 'Have us call you' or a live chat option, both currently showing just a 1/2 minute wait time. 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent