Member To Member Support
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Collection

Buyer asked for details for collection of a bed which he has paid for, but he has not collected it. I have contacted him several times. It is now about a month since he paid.

Gold coin sale - scam buyer

I would appreciate a bit of advice please (I believe I have to take action by 7th May). eBay Item ID: #296376755636Royal Mail tracking number: SE253812430GB I inherited a couple of gold coins a while ago and recently decided to sell them. I chose to ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! GSP Items

I have two issues here. First item I sold, everything seems to be going smoothly, sent through GSP, arrived in the destination country and then suddenly item was marked as 'return to sender' absolutely nothing since, no explanation as to why. I have ...

Cancelation rejected

I canceled an order within minutes of placing it but it was rejected. I'm fuming and I will be leaving the site for good once I've posted my feedback. (which I've already written, can't post until item arrives, which I will donate to my local charity...

Fake contoller

I recently got a PS4 controller. It registered on my system as not original. Contacted seller and e bay. All e bay did removed the listing from my history then blanked me with no further information about it

Buyer issue

I've reported a buyer for being offensive. They have now apologised and I wish to cancel this report but can't find how. Any help here.? Thanks.

Payment not showing - due to a relist?

I sold an item at the start of the bank holiday weekend. Come Monday I still hadn't received payment nor been notified to ship it. Afraid I might be having my time wasted and lose the fee discount when I have to relist it, I contacted the buyer to co...

Refound

I ordered an item, and the seller sent me a message saying, 'Hello, I'm sorry, but I can't sell this scooter anymore. I am truly sorry, and you will get your refund.' This message was sent on May 26th, and I still haven't received my refund. The sell...

Unsold cars

I’m just using the 'advanced search' function to search for completed Nissan Qashqai car listings and expected full results for the last 90 days but ..... The results show both SOLD and UNSOLD cars for the last 30 days but just SOLD cars from days 31...

Item not received

Ordered an item, only £5.99 so not the end of the world. I paid instantly and the item was due on or before May 1st. I contacted seller on 4th to ask when I could expect it (was needed for May 3rd - the person it was for was staying but left yesterda...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selling fees

I am wondering why I am still getting fees deducted from my payouts. I thought there were no selling fees any more? The items I am referring to are clothes and shoes.

Default postage cost is less than it actually costs

I'm listing some vintage computer games and it keeps rejecting my post until I change the postage cost (from Royal Mails £3.69) to maximum £3.50 due to the item class.Most of my items are around 30 years old and as such I want to make sure they are p...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Shop Fixed Price Monthly Allowance Figures not correct

The below shows that we have used 598 of our 1500 shop allowance for this month.We have only listed 71 items are we missing something?Same thing happened last monthFeatured Shop Fixed Price Monthly Allowance Start:1 May 2024 at 12:00am BSTEnd:1 Jun 2...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Appeal

I can't appeal a final decision, I've sent the iphone, the buyer has it, she opened a case saying she didn't receive it. Then I send here screenshot that it's been delivered to her address, she agreed and then closed it. She then opens another case s...

Collection

I have sold an item and it was collected, The buyer checked it upon collection and now saying parts are missing and poles are broken, Where do I stand as far as refunds are concerned?

Glendale Heights

I'm in the UK and I have 2 items that I've bought from the US that have been left with with an individual at Glendale Heights on 24th April and 26th April - neither has moved since and no tracking number provided by eBay for either. I've bought a cou...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refunds as a buyer

Question I gave not received an item . Only after raising a dispute the seller sent a refund of £55 the purchase cost me £69 and I have received nothing and the tracking says the delivery company did not receive the item . The dispute was closed afte...

De-listed by ebay Counterfeit item

I have just had an LP de-listed by ebay. They tell me that it contravenes their counterfeit policy. The problemI have is I originally bought this album on ebay 7 June 2008. One just like it has sold on ebay on 11 Feb 2024. I would like to question eb...

Sharp Practice

Last Friday I purchased a pair of ASICS Paris shoes for £179 less a 10% discount. They were paid for the same day and I received an message to say that they had been sent to the authenticator. But on Monday I received a message saying that I had been...

Returning the item

Hello, I bought a pair of shoes yesterday from Ebay, they were size 37 but I risked and bought it, then I saw the same shoes in size 38 in original store, I prefer to buy size 38 and have a guarantee. Now I want to cancel the order, but the seller do...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

COUNTERFIET STAMPS

Hi,I recently bought some unused Royal Mail stamps on Ebay. The letters and parcels I used them on have been marked as counterfeit by the Post Office, with the reciepients being charged an average of £5 per item for delivery. When I tried to contact ...

Refund situation unresolved

I bought an item described as a cooking pan. when it arrived it was the size of a cup, not a cookware item or pan. The image misleading. I requested a refund as the item was not as described. I was offered a fraction of the cost as a refund. Then sli...

returned item

Hi, I sold an item and buyer told me that he has problem with customs and that item was returned back to me. Now I got this item back... I had shipping costs. How do I arrange a refund now? Without shipping costs?

Return

I returned an item in good time but the seller never collected it from the post office and the item was returned to me. Now I sent again and the seller is refusing to reply to my ebay messages. What are my options?

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

defective item

purchased a front suspension unit for xj6, had it fitted and a few months later the car developed a loud squeak at every bump in the road, after having the car checked it was determined that the new unit was the problem-on contacting the seller he as...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting Copyright - Pointless

Less of a question and more of a rant - sorry! Recently was looking for a text book and came across a couple of examples of copyright infringement - sellers with listings for PDF links that they clearly don't own the copyright too. Reported to eBay a...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return request

A buyer has requested to return an item that I know is exactly as described. She says it is faulty. I know it is not. How do I decline the return request.

Promoted listings issue

HelloJust wondering if anyone else is having the sam 'issue' with sponsored (promoted) listings that i am? Basically ive noticed that many of my listings when viewed within serach results, are not showing the 'sponsored' logo within the thumbnail (se...

Feedback

Hi I wanted to change a negative feedback from a buyer to get my refund back can you help me to resolve that.

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delayed payment

So I sold some items and was due payment today, then eBay asked me to verify bank account which I did, now payment on hold for 48hrs? My bank account details have worked fine for payments the last few years. Seem like sharp business practice to hold ...

what policy are my listings violating??

i am getting following message from ebay We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Vehicles, parts, and accessories policy. Vehicles, parts and accessories that do not follow government regulations are not allowed. my listings are no...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where is my advert?

I placed an advert for the sale of my caravan yesterday. It appears on 'my eBay' but when my wife searches using the exact wording of the advert, there is no match. Does this mean that no-one else can see it either? The selling fee has been cleared b...

ukdailysupply16

I ordered from eBay and got stuff from ukdailysuppy16 with no indication on eBay that I had placed the order. Who are they and why are they not shown on purchase history?

Returns

Can anyone help. I issued a refund request but the seller would not answer. The case was closed by ebay as I thought I had to wait. Has anyone else just had refund cases closed.

Seller feedback hidden

I was just wondering why my feedback that buyers see is hidden apart from communication which is 4.6. The others are blank. According to eBay my seller account is above standard?

refund given due to seller anticipating a returned item (as it's possibly a fake)

I purchased a skincare item from a seller over a year ago. It was a fake so I asked for a return & refund. I was immediately given a refund so I didn't leave neg FB and that was that. However, last week I noticed the name but couldn't remember the ci...

Ebay Account Access

Hey all members, I am willing to start a new e-commerce business on Ebay and for that i have hired some professional VA and marketing agencies to grow my e-commerce store and help me in getting sales. But to manage my account they need access to my a...

Evri click and collect

Hi there I've ordered some clothes using the click and collect option and its with evri and i got a email saying that it was delivered but there's no barcode with it ? How do I get the barcode as I was expecting a seperate email but none? Anybody can...

Delivery

Can I have something delivered to an inpost locker? If so, how do I make that delivery address? Thanks

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Item not received

Hi, need your advice. According to tracking number item have been delivered at the buyer address.(shows on courier delivery map) but buyer messaged me saying they have not received it as courier driver left it by door and when they checked the item w...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Won a 9ct gold bracelet on auction on 7th May, to find the seller wont let me have it. Wants more 4

Today I won a 9ct rare gold snake bracelet on auction for £280 plus £2.70 p & p from seller whom apparently has a 100% seller profile. What a joke. Look this up please and you'll see. Once i won the bid, the seller then immediately messaged me to say...

Resolved! Incorrect item sent

I have by error sent an incorrect item to my buyer. I will be sending out the correct jacket tomorrow, but how do I go about getting the incorrect item sent back to me. Many Thanks Karen

Dog beds

I bought 2 dog beds in march, one of them were torn a right mess, they were £25 each nearly, I sent it back Via royal mail they sent me a message saying they received the dog bed, they are saying that they didn't, I have sent loads of proof about the...

Bidding for cutlery

How can I bid for these when it asks to verify my age. I do not have a credit card and that is the only form of identification asked for. I have never had this problem before and their "chat" is uaseless as it goes round in circles.

Item not delivered

Seller says tracking is proof of delivery so could not care less. Item not delivered. Tracking says handed to resident but date shipped was after it!? No photo proof included. I was home all day and have CCTV to prove the point no courier turned up. ...

Refund

A refund was processed on the 28th April through PayPal and I still haven't received the money in my bank account how long does it take?

Problems with return

I recently purchased a bike, which is in significantly worse condition than the listing (and indeed, the price!) would indicate. The seller has a "no returns" policy, but I feel he's misdescribed the item enough for me to request a return, which I di...

Fake goods

I have unknowingly purchased a fake Sezane sweater as the picture and photos along with the sellers description were for the genuine article. I realised the price was reasonable but I do purchase from sellers Who buy genuine items and honestly do not...

Nectar Vouchers

Hi, Twice I tried to create Nectar vouchers worth £ 2.50 each. Even though, I created vouchers and my Nectar activity at ebay showing that I created it, I can't see and use any when I am trying to checking out. How I can sort it out?

BIDS AFTER DEADLINE

How can the system allow two bids after the deadline?! I bid on item 375399262554 Den Kit in a bag Bidding History shows that two bids were made & allowed at 2 & 8 seconds after the deadline. I note that bidder actually made those two bids at 2 secon...

Collection in person misunderstanding

I am selling an item for collection only, and had a potential buyer ask if it was free post, i said it says collection only. They then sent me a screen shot of the mobile version where it says. Postage Free Collection in person which looks like two o...

Difficulty listing a car

Hi I am having difficulty listing a car , getting confusing messages regarding ai content and it is having trouble loading , this used to be so easy , where am I going wrong please

Item delivered but no eBay message

I've had an item delivered to my local Argos for me to pick up. But I've had no message from eBay with the barcode required in order to pick it up. The seller has shown me proof it's been delivered to the location via gps, but I can't collect without...

Bank account verification problem

Ebay has asked me to verify my bank account details so that it can send my payments. Supposedly it will micro deposit two sums into the account and I verify the account by replying to eBay with the amounts deposited.However, no micro deposits have ap...

Seller has not sent items 6 months later

Hi everyone In November 2023 I purchase x4 hair dyes at a cost of £30.56. The seller contacted me saying that they were able to post one of the items but would have to wait for their supplier to provide more to them in order for them to send me the o...

Unknown money taken from bank account

EBay has taken an amount of money from my bank account and I do not know what it is for, it is not detailed in monthly statement for my selling so I think it may have something to do with a damaged item that I actually purchased and returned for a re...

order Senna tablets

order senna tablets I recieved 120 not 200 tablets have contacted seller but getting no answer back properly have sent photo and message when it arrived how to get intoutch with ebay without making a return just to speak

Poatage

Hiya i sold an item and paid for a postage label assuming ebay factored in the price knowing what i was selling however it wasnt enough how do i get a refund and change the label thankyou

Marking parcel as received

Hi I've sent several packages recently and most still say dispatched (because I marked as dispatched). My question is Who marks them as delivered , me or buyer? I know some have received their package as I've had positive feedback on the item but it'...

Ebay international shipping from USA.

Can somebody please answer why a) Ebay internation shipping is ridiculously slow b) far to commplicated to track c) GROSSLY over priced compared to USPS. I can only imagine Ebay is taking a huge fee for the most incompetent service on offer. Ali Expr...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return

I have started a return faulty item procedure. The seller as accepted a return the item, and said put the item back in the envelope sealed, Cross out my details, and circle RETURN TO SENDER area.I then receive a message from eBay abating teseller has...

my selling listing has dissappeared

On the 5th i took advantage of ebays offer of 80% off and listed some stamps for sale , but 48 hours later still has not appeared on ebay, i know that ebay has this listings as when i clicked on the 80% offer it told me i had already used it , which ...

Item No 145751798423

This item sold, flashed up on my email then dissapeared, looked on ebay, junk, spam, can't find any reference to it anywhere? I only noticed by chance! Thanks.

returns label

Hi, I'vehad the wrong item delivered from a seller and requested a return. The seller accepted the return and said to ebay that a returns label had been sent. I have never received the returns label and the seller is now fobbing me off and not sendin...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sealent

Hi the last 2 items i have posted have both said they only recived 1 item when i have sent out 12 you can clearly see they have been taken out the box they have sent the 1 item back to me so i have lost out on over £200 thats what they were worth o s...

Engraved ww1 shell case

Listed an engraved inert ww1 shell case but eBay removed it as they say I didn't follow the firearms policy but looking and there are loads of shell cases for sale why did they take mine off

I’ve just had suspect phone call

Just had a phone call saying I've a payment of £89.00 coming out of my account and to press 1to cancel I hung up and checked my account nothing seem amiss. Just wondering if this is a new scam going around? Anyone else had a call like this ?

Microdeposits

I have a 'red banner' indicating micro deposit is sent to bank etc. I have checked over the previous 12 months and can not find anything. I am concerned it will affect payout which I can see had been delayed until the 14 May. Can anyone advise please...

Buyer claimed Item not recived

HI , I recently posted some boots to a customer via Evri tracking shows on EBay and Evri that the parcels was delivered to a sfe place a doorstep with a photo . Te buyer claimed she did not receive them and put in a claim with Ebay which she won on e...

Listed item doesn't show in search

Hi, can anyone help with why an item I listed yesterday doesnt show up in search results. I used a friend's account and found all my other items.It is in the active listings on my account.Been selling for some time now and never had this beforeThank ...

debit card

i have entered my new debit card 3 times on the additional card it says un able to recognise I hav used the card with no problems at the garage etc etc why does ebay not like it .it has a record of my previous cards which i have deleted

I am being refused to buy.

Hi, I am trying to buy an item but when I tried to pay for it I receive a message that 'I have gone over my buying limit.' There is money in the card so that should not be a problem, I contacted the seller but they do not know themselves. I really wa...

Items sold in the past 24hours?

Here's an odd one...Just sold an item. I had 5, I now have 4.Red flash across the creen says 3 sold in the past 24 hours.NOT BY ME THEY WEREN'T!!!!!!! Well that's all a bit daft So don't trust what you see only what you know to be true!

Picture1 dish cloth sales.png

Nectar voucher?

I have converted some nectar points into an eBay voucher and have no code sent and when I've gone to buy an item it's no where to be seen, nectar says it's there but I can't find it anywhere, it's frustrating and confusing

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I Sent the item.

Hi Naghmeh,We want to let you know that your buyer opened a request because they haven’t received their item. I sent the item on 29.04.24 Tracking number is: KL855407008GBWould you please solve this problem for me? Thank you.

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Purchase price refunded 4 years ago, now seller is contacting me again for the item.

Hi. I purchased a faulty high value item 4 years ago. I went through ebay's case procedure and they found in my favour issuing a full refund. I contacted the seller to arrange the collection of their item but heard nothing. I discussed this with ebay...

Technical

Hi there good morning, item treadmill, seller, item has stopped working, still under 2 warranty , contact seller 5 times from 1st April, no response. I CAN'T contact ebay by phone or email. Can someone please help me.

Collection code not received

I have a parcel sitting at a collection point which I cannot collect because I have not received the ebay collection code. Any ideas how I can get this? Any contact so far just repeats that the item has been delivered. Yes it has, but to the collecti...

Postal Insurance cover for Watch.

Hi,I need to send a watch to the ebay authenticator (Rapid SS, Hawkers Yard, London). This is an expensive item (28k). I wanted to send within ebay system, but cannot see an option to adequately cover for insurance. Has anybody got any recommendation...

User avatar by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

no return label

I purchased an item that was defective (a Halogen oven where the lid basically shattered on its 3rd use) . I've spoken with the seller and agreed a return. I recieved a message fron ebay saying that I would recieve a return label by the 07/05/24 but ...

GSP issue

I use GSP to sell items outwith the UK. A buyer in Switzerland wants to purchase one of my items, but I am being told that she cannot proceed with buying the item as "it is not working". I've double checked and Switzerland does appear in the list of ...

Refunds

I got an email to say such amount coming out of account due to dispute. I have such amount on hold in payouts. Will money be took from bank or on hold funds. Thank you

Unreliable buyer

Hi..having sold a camping fridge to a buyer on the 14th April. (SUN..)I messaged the buyer to ask when they would like to collect.. the buyer messaged the next morning (MON 15th) to ask if he could collect around midday.. I replied saying I'd be back...

END UNSOLD ITEM

IF YOU END AN ITEM HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO RELIST IT MANUALLY BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS ? BASICALLY GOING ABROAD FOR OVER 30 DAYS SO OUT OF OFFICE WONT BE OF ANY USE TO US. IF WE END ALL ITEMS HOW LONG BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR? THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Owing dept Collectors

Hi so I owe money to eBay they have been emailing me I've tried to email them back because the attachment the send me to make payment doesn't allow me I don't know what to do rn. Because they are threatening to take it further over a phone I put up w...

Account Verification

So today after 19 years of trading as both a seller and buyer on eBay, I have been asked for proof that I am who I say I am and eBay are withholding my funds until I provide either A) A copy of my passport, B) Driving licence or C) ID card. The probl...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

fraudulent activity report

Hi All, I am just curious as personally I think it is another scam by buyers. I sold a top beginning of Jan 2024, as soon as the 90 days passed I received from ebay, "funds with held as it was reported as a fraudulent purchase by the buyer via their ...

Customs charges

I want to return an item because it is nothing like the images and has some small but noticable damage, when it arrived in the UK I had to pay £70 customs charges, how do I claim this back when I return the item?

Bidding

I bidded on an item that I won but it's not in my purchases & on the bid it said 2 bids had been placed, which I did both of them as I increased my bid. But it's saying I didn't win the item when I should have? Has anyone else experienced or is able ...

Privacy

I have a faulty item and contacted the seller through ebay. The seller has just rang my mobile and left a voicemail to contact him. Firstly how did he get my number and secondly can they do that.

Policy Violation

Hi,I recieved a policy violataion for listing a Marc Jacobs handbag. It said it was for listing a counterfeit item.It is not fake, I even put a photo on of the invoice. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to accept that I can not ...

Non-collection

Hi - I sold an item in November and got paid for it. Buyer offered to collect but on a day I wasn't available. I offered an alternative which I thought they had accepted, waited in but no-one came. Contacted buyer who said there had been a misunderst...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! posted item instead of collection. now what?

I listed an item as collection only but agreed with buyer to post it instead. Payment seems to have been successful but now the system seems to expect me to scan something to confirm collection, which is not possible. Somehow, I need to tell the syst...

Royal Mail did not deliver the product to my buyer and buyer want a refund. I have proof of postage

My customer did not receive the product from Royal Mail using Royal Mail 1st Class/2nd Class Letter Service without tracking. I have proof of postage with me. But my customers want refunds. What other sellers handle this kind of situation? If anyone ...

Payment on hold

I sold a game but I didn't use the postage label provided by eBay and I don't use tracking on the package, I just put the game in a box and sent it to the buyers adress. The buyer says they have received the game but the payment is still on hold. How...

Buyers Filters

Hello,I am looking to buy an Automatic Motorhome /Camper and set filters accordingly but are shown mainly vehicles with manual gearboxes. Any assistance would be appreciated.

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sold a Drum to a so called dead man

I had sold a drum to a guy who I spoke to about it all before he bid on it and told him that he was to sort the postage, as that's what was in the description (pick up only) so he wins the bid and I wait 3 days and message to say, hey just need to re...

Resolved! Suspicious offer

So I listed an item this morning and the. Received an offer for more than the min bid. The buyer's user name and profile then asks for more pictures so they can see the item is real (it would be sent for authentication anyway). What is the scam here?

Homcom chairs.

HiI purchased 2 recliner chairs in November 2023. One has developed a fault in the material. Can I return both chairs ?. 1, get money back for both ?.Or2, Or put money towards 2 different chairs as I don't have confidence in the 2nd chair going the s...

Bought items appearing as different ones.

Has anyone bought anything where it's changed to a different item in the help section (item number, image and order number) when I've contacted the original seller and asked to cancel the item it's removed the false purchase and reverted back to the ...

Seller reneged

I won an item in auction at a good price. The listing noted shipping costs through ebay international to UK (my address). When I tried to pay, the seller stated they would not ship to UK and cancelled the order stating something wrong with my address...

Video

I need to be able to send an very interested buyer a video of my sewing machine working. Unfortunately, because there has been one bid on my listing the photo section is locked and (the listing has just renewed automatically) the site will not let me...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paypal / Ebay

Good morning, I was trying make a link with my paypal account with Ebay. However does not show me the option paypal account just payment. How can I make a link? Regards

Purchase history

Bought an expensive bbq off ebay over 10 years ago and now need to get spare parts. No model details on it or on booklet and can't find parts anywhere compatible. History for purchase doesn't go back far enough, how can I go back to see purchase deta...

Sold item but money on hold

Sold an item buyer collected the item money is still on hold asking for a pass code or qr code I don't have either of these as buyer didn't mention it he now has my goods and read if passcode or qr code isn't put in they will send money back to buyer

Resolved! Listing removal

HelloI got a listing that was removed and i would like to enquire Ebay the reason it was removed.How can i send an email or contact some assistance directly through an agent, not the automated assistant?I can't find nowdays.Thanks in advancePedro

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free selling

I sold some clothing a few days ago and received the full monies. Then today I sold some shoes and was charged fees? I can't see why or see any information as to why? Can anyone enlighten me? Are shoes not clothing ? Such a shame as I took an offer t...

Auction winner NOT paying and he has two names through ebay - wants to come, inspect and pay cash ?

Yesterday my auction for a car ended. I immediately sent message and reminder to pay. This morning buyer contacts me and says he will come up end of this week and "check the car over" before handing over cash, and can he have my address to come to co...

Feedback

How do I stop eBay demanding feedback for items that have not arrived yet ? I am not expecting them yet and more than fed up with this.