De-listed by ebay Counterfeit item

I have just had an LP de-listed by ebay. They tell me that it contravenes their counterfeit policy. The problemI have is I originally bought this album on ebay 7 June 2008. One just like it has sold on ebay on 11 Feb 2024. I would like to question ebay on their decision. Is there a contact point for ebay? Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

The only thing unfair is the way that message is written.  The claim the item is 'not authentic'  is not explaining the true issue here.

High brand items are protected by Vero Regulations and policies.  It was the brand owner, not eBay who asked for the removal of your item. 

There are so many fakes of high brand items and impossible to check authenticty for online items,  even receipts can be faked, I know, my work took me to the Far East for decades , and fake receipts  made there, are impossible to tell from the real deal.

You may well see identical items listed,  the site is massive over 7 billion + listings on at any one time, so not possible to check every listing, and some slip the net and become listed.

Your item has been reported do not relist it,  you would face serious selling restrictions.

You can read about Vero's policies from a link at the bottom of most eBay pages,  ot from this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-pr....

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

@middleearth1970 what was the LP and what label was it on? The chances are it's either a pirate or a bootleg regardless of where you bought it. There have been plenty of instances of dodgy records being removed by ebay even when the seller originally bought them from major retail chains. They get absolutely everywhere and many of them are now very professional operations so everyone thinks they're legitimate until something like this happens.

Ebay do sometimes make mistakes but, in the case of vinyl, their removals are usually correct. If you post what it was, I can tell you if, in my opinion, ebay were right or wrong and whether it's worth querying with them.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I would like to question ebay on their decision.

If you want to question it, you need to contact the rights owner who reported it, see:

What happened to my listing?

If your listing was removed based on a VeRO report, eBay sent you an email with details about why your listing was reported and how to contact the rights owner directly for more information. If you have concerns or questions about why your listing was removed, please contact the rights owner directly.

Contact us in the following circumstances

You can’t find the rights owner’s email address in your removal notification email.
You emailed the rights owner, but they haven’t replied after 5 business days.

Sellers are responsible for ensuring that any item they list on eBay is authentic and that the listing description doesn’t infringe on the rights of others.

Examples of infringements

Items that bear the rights owner’s trademark—such as a logo—but were not authorized by the rights owner.
Unauthorized copies of audio, video, or other media.
Unauthorized use of a rights owner’s images or text in a listing.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent