Cancelation rejected

I canceled an order within minutes of placing it but it was rejected. I'm fuming and I will be leaving the site for good once I've posted my feedback. (which I've already written, can't post until item arrives, which I will donate to my local charity shop). Fortunately, Ebay isn't my prime choice so I shan't miss it.

Why was my cancelation request rejected when I canceled almost immediately? Just WHO makes that decision?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Cancelation rejected

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

The seller makes the decision.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancelation rejected

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Buyers can request a cancellation but sellers don't have to agree.  Ebay makes that clear in the published policies. 

If you leave negative feedback even though the seller did nothing wrong, then ebay probably isn't the place for you to buy.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancelation rejected

Only a business seller has to accept a cancellation and if the order is already processed you would have to pay to return it.

Private sellers do not have to accept cancellations.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancelation rejected

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

EBay's guidance on cancelling purchases is headed "How buyers can cancel an order".

This is misleading because on reading eBay's guidance it's clear that buyers can't cancel an order! They can only ask the seller to cancel - and the seller doesn't have to agree.

Most UK business sellers will cancel if asked before they're required by law to accept returns anyway. But private sellers and sellers in other countries don't have to accept returns and will often refuse to cancel.

However frustrating, you have no  call to be "fuming" because you accepted these conditions in the user agreement. If you leave bad feedback because the seller refused to cancel they can ask eBay to remove it.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent