Fake contoller

I recently got a PS4 controller. It registered on my system as not original. Contacted seller and e bay. All e bay did removed the listing from my history then blanked me with no further information about it 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Fake contoller

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Did you open a case using the ebay money back guarantee?

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Fake contoller

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

What does bought "recently" mean? EBay's rules revolve around exact dates and time limits, so do PLEASE be exact when asking questions.

The good news is that you must have convinced eBay that the PD4 was fake. The bad news is that when they remove a fake item from their database it also gets removed from the buyer's purchase history, if it has sold.

We don't know whether you opened a case under eBay's money back guarantee before the item was removed? If not you may have difficulty opening one now as the item number will no longer be valid. If you contact eBay customer support they should be able to open one for you, if still within the 30 day time limit (from the date of delivery). If you miss this deadline eBay will not get involved.

If all else fails your payment provider e.g. PayPal or your credit or debit card issuer should also be able to get you a refund for fake goods, although their procedures and conditions will be different to eBay's.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent