Purchaser wants item sent to a different address

A purchaser for my buy it now item has messaged me to say can I send to a different address, other than the registered one on Ebay, as that his prevoius address?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You wouldn't have any seller protection.    Safest thing is to cancel the current transaction (if they've paid a refund will be isssued in the process) and relist for the buyer to buy again, after they've updated their details  on their ebay account.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I hope you are not planning to send the lens using RM Signed For - that covers items valued up to £20 only.

You can't send the item to a new address supplied by the buyer.

If they open a claim and say they have not received the item, you have to prove delivery to the address provided by Ebay - as shown in 'order details' when you are logged into your account.

Best way forward would be to cancel using 'issue with buyer's address'.  That will refund the buyer.

Then, they can buy and pay again and use the correct address when they check out.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent