Unreliable buyer

Hi..
having sold a camping fridge to a buyer on the 14th April. (SUN..)
I messaged the buyer to ask when they would like to collect.. the buyer messaged the next morning (MON 15th) to ask if he could collect around midday.. I replied saying I'd be back home around 1pm but after that would be fine.. (I actually made it back for 12-10..) to which he said he'd talk to his wife to see if that was ok..? if not he'd message me & he'd pick it up himself later..
He didn't message me or collect later in the day..!!!
(TUES 16th) he message me asking if he could come the next day weds 4/5.. I had a doc appointment so said I couldn't make it.. gave him the option of. Thurs/Fri.. he said OK & he'd let me know.. HE DID'NT..!!!
He message me (SUN 21st ) asking if he could come that day after 2-30
I was attending my daughters 21st Birthday so no sorry..
gave him another 2x options Mon/Tues
he agreed to Mon 4/5 & asked for the measurements.. of which I gave him..
At 3-50pm on Mon I messaged him saying I was running a little late & I should be back just after 4.. (had to take my dog to an emergency appointment but I made it back for 4-05..) he didn't show up or message.. at 7-20 I message him to ask if he was still coming.. NO REPLY..!!!
(WEDS 24th) I messaged him saying i was alittle annoyed & could he please make arrangements to collect the item & at least turn up..!!
(THURS 25th) he messaged me saying he'd been busy & that he had an ill relative in hospital.. & could he collect at 7pm that night.. then he messaged me saying would it be ok to come between 4-30/5-30..??
I just said come either just please turn up..!!! & HE DID.. joking that if it didnt work he'd be giving me bad feedback..!!!!!
By 8pm he was messaging me saying he'd plugged it in the light had come on but within seconds the light went off & it was faulty..

I was really shocked as me & my daughter had checked it when I listed it & again the day before he collected it., I wouldn't have sold the item if it didn't work..
I messaged him back & suggested he brought it back to me & if faulty I would give him a full refund.. he said I'll leave it plugged in with a bottle of wine in to see if chills it..
(Fri 26th) he messaged me back saying it was deffo faulty.. so I asked him to return.. of which he said Next day late morning/early afternoon..
he messaged me later that evening asking if I could bank transfer/ or cash so he didn't need to pay bank chargers with PayPal..
(SAT 27th) he messaged me saying it would be around 12..!!! I said ok..
then he messaged me at 11-50 to say the was an issue with traffic on the motorway so could he make it the next day.. (I'd given up the chance to spend the day with my daughters they'd already set off to York.. I wasn't impressed..)
But I replied yes that's fine but it would need to be before 10am..!!
he didn't reply..!!
(TUES 30th) 3x days later he messaged asking if he could drop it off that evening.. I said yes of course..
then he messaged me at 12-30 asking if his wife could collect between 2/3.. ?
I said I was out but could be back for about 2-30.. again he messaged to say could she collect after 3..!!! Again COLLECT..?? he was dropping the fridge off..
anyway I said yes & asked if she could bring bank details for the bank transfer..
To which I received
Ahhhhhh I'll come later after work 6/7 haven't got bank details..???
See you later..!
HE DIDNT COME.. AGAIN..!!!!

the thing is he knows where I live & it's just me & my daughter.. so that's why I havnt contacted eBay before today.. but now this is causing me so much stress now.. so sorry about the long message.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Unreliable buyer

The bottom line is if the fridge isn't returned you do not refund the buyer.

Actually it's your responsibility to collect the item, but as they are insisting on bringing it back, wait for the return,  then refund.  If there's no bank transfer then repay in cash.

They have 30 days to receive this refund.

@shacks12345 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent