Problems with return

I recently purchased a bike, which is in significantly worse condition than the listing (and indeed, the price!) would indicate. The seller has a "no returns" policy, but I feel he's misdescribed the item enough for me to request a return, which I did on 26th April. The seller offered me a partial refund, whcih I declined, and then got in touch on 30th April to ask when I could have the bike packed up by for him to arrange collection. I replied saying I'd pack it the next morning, then replied again telling him I'd packed it, and I've heard nothing since. The "Ask eBay to step in" button on the "return details" page does not appear to be active. What can I do next? Currently I stand to be out of pocket to the tune of nearly £400, which I am obviously eager to avoid!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Problems with return

You should be able to escalate to ebay as long as the return was started within 30 days of delivery.    If it was try contacting ebay direct and ask them to escalate it and provide the paid-for return postage label.   You can use the chat link on here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

If you opened the return after 30 days you won't be able to do anything via ebay to get your money back.   You'll need to contact your payment provider and ask them.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Problems with return

How did you pay for the bike? If you paid cash or by bank transfer you are not covered by the MBG.If you paid through ebay checkout you have every right to return it but it must be returned through trackable means.

If you pack it up and allow it to be collected by a delivery person you won'r have tracking and will have no way to ensure te seller refunds you.

Hopefully you have opened a Not as Described case? This will ensure that the seller sends a courier label for you to return the bike. and if they don't you escalate your case after 3 days for ebay to step in.

******************************************************************************************