Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Something's wrong with me and they're not 'hot flushes' - help please!

My 'overheating' problem began last year.... I had been on anti-depressants for many years and last summer made the move to be free of them. My doctor reduced the dosage over two weeks, and that was it. I've found out the hard way that this was way t...

Kitten advice please

My mother has a rescue kitten who is now 6 months old but she is crazy (the kitten not my mother lol). I know kittens play etc but this one is hyper, she continually dashes everywhere, tries to climb the walls, is up on shelves knocking things over, ...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is it just me?

who finds all this recycling somewhat questionable. Now please bear in mind that where i live the number of items which should be recyclable and aren't is actually longer than the list of things that are to go in our "recycling" bin. Anyways just had...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mondays Manic mealtime morsels

Busy Busy Busy, Decorated sons bedroom yesterday and he actually helped, we had a great laugh and got it done by 9pm, Having a new bed delivered tomorrow so had to get on with it. He is now upstairs putting everything away (for that read watching the...

curtains

i bought myself some new curtains and then washed and ironed them .then measured and cut and ironed some more turning up to the right length.then played with the header tape ,put in them hook things and took them upstairs to hang.they hung nicely and...

Spacestation

Watched a BRILLIANT programme last night on Channel 4. Astronauts living in Space.!!!. Its about The Astronauts who go up to the Space Station for 6 month stretches doing experiments and work for Nassau. Its fascinating,,,they can contact family by c...

Nail polish on clothing

My daughter accidentally got nail polish on her new cream leggings. Its that shellac stuff. Ive tried swabbing with remover to no avail. Any suggestions please?

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fridays Foggy Fodder

Horrible day today, still really foggy, can't see very far and someone has pinched my lovely view. This evening the boys will be having chicken curry and rice, I shall be going back to work so I will have a sandwich in my tea break.

Resolved! Medallion Steak

I cooked a medallion steak last night (not had it before, usually have fillet steak) and cooked it in the frying pan, as per the instructions, and it was as tough as old boots; I even bent the fork, trying to cut it. Has anyone any ideas for the best...

Squirrels.

This is a bit of a gory tale so if you are at all squeamish best not to look. This was just told to me by my husband who was told by the person involved, the mole man. We had the mole catcher this morning. He said that he'd set traps in a ladies loft...

squirrel.jpg

Easter egg swap

When do we start planning for the Easter egg swap that was mentioned in February? And has anyone got any ideas yet as to what we are doing? I'm eager.........

Hellooooooooooo and good evening

Good evening ladies. Long time since I found the time to post on the board. Lots has happened in the last month or so....some good some bad. On the bad side my ex and I have split up. On the good side I am back on the internet dating and happily chat...

Tips for Student Pilots

Tips for student pilots...1. Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.2. If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger. If you pull the stick back, they get smaller.3. Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is dangerous.4. It's always better to...

Removing Hair Dye

Male friend came round and dyed his grey hair in my bathroom I ended up with hair dye on the bath, the sink, the floor, the walls and the door. I have managed to remove it from the sink, bath and tiles Any idea how I can get it off of the painted woo...