Something's wrong with me and they're not 'hot flushes' - help please!

My 'overheating' problem began last year....

I had been on anti-depressants for many years and last summer made the move to be free of them. 

My doctor reduced the dosage over two weeks, and that was it.  I've found out the hard way that this was way too quick. I should have been weaned off the anti d's over 2-4 months.  I cannot state in words what happened to me after that.  I honestly thought I was going to die from the withdrawal symptoms, one being that my whole body poured with sweat (it actually dripped down my face, into my eyes so I couldn't see, and soaked my clothes)

Anyhow, the sweats and other awful mental / physical symptoms subsided over approx 3-5 months, BUT, the 'overheating' hasn't.  I don't drip with sweat, but I'm constantly boiling hot and my feet are starting to swell yet again (you know how you feel out of direct sunlight when it's 80-90 degrees outside? - that's the best way to describe it, BUT this is how I am through the winter)

In fact, all winter, I've worn thin jumpers, and only wore a coat when really necessary.  I am dreading the summer coming as I'm baking now that the weather has warmed up.  I will be spending my summer indoors again by the looks of things 😞

I have to reiterate that these are not 'hot flushes' as the heat is with me 24/7. 

My doctor (and the others at the surgery are useless) so I have no faith in asking for their advice (especially after what happened last summer)

I feel like my body thermostat is knackered, and I don't see how there could be a fix for this. 

I was just wonderin' if anyone else has been through similar?  (I'm hoping I'm not alone!)

Please PM me if it's too sensitive to post a reply here 🙂

Many thanks

Tara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you like my snub nosed monkey?

Don't think rude thoughts; it's the cute thing on the left...

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

P.S

My thyroid is fine as that was tested last year for another reason. 

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

If you are not happy with the Drs you have now ! Change to another Surgery. I don't mean to sound harsh so please don't take offence but you really should get it checked out, no amount of information given by anyone here ,good though it is ! Will be as good as going to see a Dr for a correct diagnosis . Hope you get sorted soon .

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Tara, I agree with Sam.  We changed GP's nearly four years ago and if we hadn't, my mum wouldn't be here now.  Ask around to see what other poeple say about their GP and if you think they sound alright, I'd make the switch.  It took us about a week to ten days to change.  You need help and fast,

Good luck and I hope that you're sorted soon.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

if you have no confidence with them  you have to  change

or you could ask  for a referal  to  a good  hospital, not sure which dept.

but  you need to  discuss this with your  doctor, 

you clearly cant continue, and their error has added to your problems

you cant expect a miracle cure, your body has had 'many years' worth of one treatment and will need  time for the re-adjustment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Hello Tara, maybe the anti-depressants have left your body somehow depleted of minerals and out of balance.  You may possibly have a zinc deficiency.  I say that because I was getting bad sweats and overheating for no apparent reason and they have pretty much stopped in 2 days now I've started to take a zinc supplement.  It is worth discussing with your doctor maybe.  Also paying to get your vitamin and mineral levels tested.  I dont think this can be done on NHS.  If there is an imbalance with other things then you can correct and help to heal your body in a natural way through food.  There will be a fix for this and it can be a natural one Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Many thanks guys 🙂

I will look at changing my doctors surgery - i know I have to do this.   

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Good for you! As the poster says it may be a natural remedy for what ails you but it's wise to run it past your GP first just to be on the safe side. Good luck & I hope you feel better soon.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Its your body and if you dont feel they are doing their utmost to help, change doctors. Hot flushes 24/7 is not right. It needs to be sorted hun.heart

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Have a read at the following link. It has some usful information and advice about sweating.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/excessive-sweating-hyperhidrosis

Genesis 1.31 NIV The sixth day.
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Also, just to add, when you've changed your GP, try not to tell him/her what is fine with you because you were tested last year for stuff.

Your body can be changing all the time and a thorough MOT may well be called for so that they can rule out as much as possible and then concentrate on what is left that may be the problem.

So that should mean another blood test for thyroid, kidneys and adrenals, hormones etc etc etc.

And whilst you're experiencing the very distressing symptoms, also keep an eye on any other relatively 'little' things that don't seem quite right as this may be all part of the picture.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent