Computing Advice & Technology Chat
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

The Linux Distro Thread (maybe)

Thought I'd start this one off, rather than continue on another thread. As a quick catch up for others: Have a look at Unetbootin, as a means to try out different versions of Linux, without producing numerous coasters (unwanted CDs). I haven't tried ...

Ayone got a fix for this?

Has anyone got a way round this message from a site with a link to nitter:-Your connection isn't privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from nitter.net (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Photo Editor Not Working

I'm using Irfanview instead but I do like the edit feature of Windows Photos. This stopped working so I tried the usual remedial action, but it still doesn't work. I downloaded Windows Legacy and removed Windows Photos, but I still can't edit my imag...

A rant - eBay's use of Captcha

If I've been uncharacteristically quiet of late, it's primarily due to it being such a hassle to log into eBay now. It can easily take me four or five minutes of trying to spot all the buses, fire hydrants, crosswalks (I assume that means "pedestrian...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to restore deleted items in new managed ebay -totally frustrated as no contact at all works ..

No customer service at all these days..always was difficult to contact but now impossible.My fault in the first place - I have found the new system difficult but getting used to it.I have deleted a page of unsold listings in error and there seems to ...

Amiga 500

Hi I recently bought an Amiga 500 it's in top condition and working but I cannot proceed any further with it as a white screen with a hand holding a disk saying V1.3 it has workbench also on it. My question is if I'm too play games on it do I need to...

Tabs

At the end of a browsing session I often have a doxen or so Tabs indicating sites that I have investigated. Is there a way to label each Tab other than to open each one to remind mee of what I was watching ?All asssistance acepted with thanks.Best re...

Just checking.

Have ebay been messing about with the boards again? I keep getting an error mesaage when trying to post on the RT. "An unexpected error occurred".I was wondering if this board was affected too. I seems not, this posted OK

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thought I'd pop in to say hello

Quite a while since I last visited. I have to say I was so fed up with captcha and so on that I really did give up. Today, it let me in easily. (It did ask me to confirm my e-mail and telephone number, and after my usual trick of just clicking throug...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

High CPU use.

Does anyone know what can be done about high CPU usage while using eBay? I've had simlar issues on an older laptop and now a newer desktop using Windows XP, 7 and now 10.I was trying to leave feedback on a recent purchase and the CPU use was so high ...

Notification sounds

Does anyone use notifications + sounds in gmail? I like them because if I'm doing other things on here and a mail comes in, the sound alerts me so I can answer straight away BUT..... Just lately, they've become very unreliable. I do a test (from a di...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMac 2020 keyboard

Hi all recently in February bought a refurb iMac 2020 from apple. I love it I can do a lot more with it being a larger screen.One problem since I bought it, as they come with the tiny white keyboard, also since I bought it my eyesight has changed so ...

Call back problems

Contacting eBay is becoming so hard. No email address, often the chat option is unavailable and when I request a call back eBay sends me an email telling me they tried to call but I wasn't available - but they do send me texts to my number. There is ...

BULK EDITING/LISTING PROBLEMS

The bulk listing/editing tool in seller hub is not working on my ebay. I had 45 listings in my drafts ready to upload, and when i tried to upload them i got a message come up saying "some of my listings cannot be used in bulk editing", so i had to up...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Botnet found by my AVG antivirus

I viewed item from seller **** on my tablet and PC and both times an AVG antivirus alert popup said 'We've safely aborted connection on www.linnpoint.com because it was infected with URL: Botnet". Further details show: https://www.linnpoint.com/eBay/...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos