Has anyone been to Kempton Park or Malvern toy fair?

Hi, we dont have a toy or teddy bear fair this weekend and noticed there is one in Malvern and another in Kempton Park, but I dont know anyone who has either stood at or been to either fair. I just wondered if anyone has has any experience of either one. We sell vintage toys and teddy bears, most of the toy fairs are full of trains and diecast, so we do tend to stick out like sore thumbs, but thats not always a bad thing. I have tried googling both of them and can find nothing recent.

Thanks, Margaret

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I've only gone to Rock n Gem shows at Kempton Park as a buyer.

It's quite a large venue which can be on two floors if it is inside the building, good parking but pricey to get in.  Food is usually available but again, pricey.  There is a cash machine for visitors but it charges to withdraw money (at least it did the last time I went).

It's a long way to come on a hunch and I don't know how you'd plan to stay over for the couple of nights.  It's a bit of a faff to get to any nearby shops.

I know the R&G shows pop up all over the country so presumably there are some nearer to your neck of the woods?

Malvern may be a better bet to try out if you want to choose either of the two.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

They have a toy fair once or twice a year at the Brentwood Centre which is (unsurprisingly!)

in Brentwood, Essex.  I would guess there are 50/70 stalls.  I've not been to the toy fairs

but have been to the antique fairs run by the same organiser and they are usually well

attended.  Though bad weather can put people off as, with the summer one, there are

stalls outside and, when I went to one about five months ago, they said it was very, very

quiet.

You can look up events at the Brentwood Centre on google to find out when the next ones

are.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent