Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

We Got a Gold

Well done Kelly Gallagher and her guide for winning the first paralympic winter gold for GB And Jade Etherngton and guide won bronze. Just goes to show what determination can do.

Dog's Bedtime Prayer

Dog's Bedtime Prayer Now I lay me down to sleep, The king-sized bed is soft and deep. I sleep right in the center groove, My human beings can hardly move. I've trapped their legs, they're tucked in tight, And here is where I pass the night. No one di...

gardening....

anyone else getting the need to go out in the garden and get mucky? Once spring comes I just love to get out there, tidy up the winter stuff and start to think what annuals I want to use for the summer.....I have a couple of structual ideas to do thi...

Sundays, supertastic, Sunny (again) lunch or dinner, apologies if it is raining where you are.

Roast Beef, (found a joint that I bought at christmas reduced, in the freezer), yorkies, and various veg in the basket. caramel struddle and ice cream for pudding, blow out day today, mind we have had no lunch, been pottering about in the garden.

No Offence

Im sorry but if anyone may have heard i put a comment on rt i think about a merging and suggested Us merging with rt. i did not mean to stick my oar in and i know i have not been on long. Im sorry i should not have said that and after i wanted to rev...

Winter Paralympics

Just watching the sledge hockey.The way they tear around, it is hard to believe that they are disabled Also watched the wheelchair curling.They dont use sweepers, so need to be more accurate than in the able bodied version As for the sitting skiers, ...

Coffee Lovers?

So which Coffee (whether Instant or not), is your favourite? I like an Instant that is Rich & Smooth, and hoping that someone might suggest a Make that I could try. Currently enjoy Nescafe Espresso. Asda used to do a Rainforest Extra Special Brazilia...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customer service or lack of on the UK.

Well, having got back from the USA on Friday, I was overly impressed with the cheerful people serving in shops and restaurants. They were polite, nothing was too much trouble. We're were greeted with big smiles - they didn't know whether we were 'loc...

Sister's Cat

My sister and her husband have to have their beautiful little cat pts thislunchtime. She's 27, a real legend, but her old age has caught up withher and her little back legs can't support her any more. She's not a happylittle cat and they know the tim...

fiona 3 vampires 0

fortunately i don't bother about needles if fact i laugh at their effortsnurses at practise refuse to try to get blood out of methis time Dr.shawn tried 3 times on 2 different days then passed me on to Dr susan since she was successful in dec no joy ...

Mobiles & Driving

Last night, at about half past five, my son volunteered to go to the shop for me to get something I'd forgotten.I said we could do without but he said he'd go 'cos he knows his Dad likes the meal better with the item in it. On the way back some arseh...

Amazon gift card

I have an odd email in WORK email in box - offering me a free £50.00 gift card. Now this is strange because I have NEVER used my work email to order from Amazon. I have on a number of occasions used my computer at work to order stuff, but it has alwa...

are you there Ed?

would ya like me to start Ed? I expect you're busy with that bed, so I'll begin......We had bubble and squeak and a piece of pork pie. toasty tonight I think..yum yum

Wood Repair Advice and Suggestions Please.

Just starting a new project - full restoration of an early Bartlett in very poor condition. One of the repairs I'm pondering over is the hole in the rear of the horse - the damage is actually over the three blocks where they all come together. The to...

abbotts bartlett ns.jpg abbotts bartlett rear.jpg abbotts bartlet rosettes.jpg

Pancakes - well, how did your's go?

Pancake Day today. Spent forty-odd minutes cooking for my wife and daughter and, surprise, surprise, there was actually enough left over this time for li'le ole me! It rubbish what it says on the packet - enough for eight pancakes. If you're lucky, y...