curtains

i bought myself some new curtains and then washed and ironed them .then measured and cut and ironed some more turning up to the right length.then played with the header tape ,put in them hook things and took them upstairs to hang.they hung nicely and looked great........................then i noticed one of the curtains was hemmed the wrong bl##dy way aaaaarrrrrhhhhh.

so had to take it all down and start again,they are now finished thank god ready for the next ones to come.

the other ones for dining room were bought on 6th march and had a message last night about 10 o clock saying sorry but someone should have let you know that they were out of stock...2nd aaaarrrrhhhhh.

they are now sending me the bigger ones on 24 hour postage at no extra charge so hopefully will get them tomorrow..

I HATE CURTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

curtains

I hate curtains too! lol At least you will have fabric left over to make cushions! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

Try to pull yourself together............sorry, the temptation was to great    Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

clap.gifvery funny rednoise

.................................................................................................................
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

Thank you cookie, just like me....the old ones are the best      Man Very Happy

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

HOW ANNOYING...I dislike any soft furnishing. Nets are horrible too.

Woman Mad

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

I like soft furnishings but nets.........bleurggghhhh.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

I love nice rich colours in curtains and good heavy quality too. I can't stand to see curtains too short if they should be touching the floor or window ledge, it drive me nuts!!!

had net curtains when we lived in an Edwardian house but they suited the house's age.

there are vertical blinds here now, dont' mind them but would prefer not to have them.

good luck Cookie, like Maggie says, lots of fabric left over to play with!

Photobucket

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

i remember just after we moved in here i replaced all the nets in the front of the house because as we are on a walkway not a road the footpath is only about 10ft from my very large windows so i invested in some really nice cream/ivory nets and after about two weeks both my neighbours replaced theirs with white ones and they made mine look dirty so i took them all down and never put them back.

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

Ha ha i always walk up to my block of flats and look at my nets,then look at others to make sure mine dont look dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Woman LOL

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

When I moved in to my house the previous owner had left her nets, they were sparkling white but because the glass in our windows are slightly tinted from the outside they took on a greyish tinge. They were not up for long lol.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

Much easier to shorten curtains from the top - taking off header tape - that way you keep the neat hems at bottom and header tape simple to sew back on :):)

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

that is a really good tip.why have i never heard that before.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

I'll say it is....wish I'd known that a long long time agodoh smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

i know cb the amount of curtains i have turned up with loads and loads od stress and now somebody says i do not need to do that.where were they 20 + years ago

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

I thought everybody shortened curtains from the top?.....

My needlework teacher told us to do it like that in one of our first lessons....

You aren't that teacher are you Elliots???....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

curtains

Yep shorten from the top , thats the way they are made hems sewn first 🙂

Oh how i dislike soft furnishings now having spent so many years making them for others i was very pleased never to see another pair on my sewing machine 🙂