Spacestation

Watched a BRILLIANT programme last night on Channel 4. Astronauts living in Space.!!!.

Its about The Astronauts who go up to the Space Station for 6 month stretches doing experiments and work for Nassau. Its fascinating,,,they can contact family by computer and talk to them. They even have to do Space Walks outside if anything cannot be repaired from earth which is very dangerous. The views they showed from the viewing hub they have is SPECTACULAR. You could see the Palm they built in the sea at Dubai,mountain ranges,The Plains of Africa, The Sea. 

If your into these sorts of things which i am its a MUST SEE.

Its on tonight and then i think the last one at the weekend,,i cannot see further than Friday on the television book at momento.

Mind Blowing Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Woman Very Happy

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Spacestation

That sounds interesting Rose. It's NASA not Nassau though. Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

OOOhhhh LOOOOL PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Yes NASA,,, i always think its spelt like the Country or place.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

You can use a website called Heavens-Above to generate predictions of Space Station passes that are specific to your own location; just remember to select your location before you save to site to favourites.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

I'm enjoying these programmes too - gripping stuff!!

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

You can also look on the Nasa web site and see the space station and astronaughts doing work. 🙂 They often have online video of the missions. 🙂

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html#.UyLdQIVXug4http://

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

Fascinating stuff, can you imagine, outside the space station, pitch dark and your helmet is filling with water, aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

Ahhhhhhhh i was going to look online and see if you could see anything Stamping Pat,im glad you said that. IT FASCINATES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Cooo Ed that was creepy,imagine water like goo creeping down over your face. He was clever to find the hatch entrance in the dark. imagine flying off into space with no way back. What a way to go!!!!!!!!!!. Spooky.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

Rose if you are interested in space, Check out the Galaxy Zoo website. They have grown into other things since I first helped with identifying galaxies. http://www.galaxyzoo.org/

Brian made the mistake telling me about it when he heard they were doing this on the radio. It took over a whole year of my life. I ate, drank and slept galaxies, asteroids and gravatational lenses. LOL  You can really learn about space from them. 🙂 Dr. Chris Lintott started the site, he is the one on the Sky at Night now. He was friends with Sir Patrick Moore before he passed away. And co wrote a book with Dr. Brian May of Queen that is a good book too if you are interested in learning more.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

Ohhhhh thanks Pat. i had a look on that other one. VERY INTERESTING. The men were talking to school kids who were questioning them. The same too as in the programme. And you can get the view of the world going round like your inside the station,their obviously training a camera on a window and leaving it there,. AMAZING.

Woman Happy

I wish you could talk to them up there,,,, i sent one of those postcard things to them with my best wishes.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Spacestation

The last bits on tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee

Woman LOL

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent