Medallion Steak

I cooked a medallion steak last night (not had it before, usually have fillet steak) and cooked it in the frying pan, as per the instructions, and it was as tough as old boots; I even bent the fork, trying to cut it. Has anyone any ideas for the best way to cook it please, as I have 3 more pieces to use up. Maybe it would be better in the slow cooker?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Medallion Steak

Make sure it's at room temperature then dry fry it on a low heat turning frequently until medium cooked, much longer than that and it'll go tough on you.

Skirt is long and flat and from the belly area.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Medallion Steak

Sorry Carol, ask my OH he will tell you I could ruin even the tenderest cut of steak always comes out like leather.  I usually buy the cheaper cuts and slow cook them and save the steaks for when we go out for a meal.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Medallion Steak

Casseroles or curries, certainly not for frying, it's a cheap, tough cut of meat .

I use skirt for almost everything I am going to slow cook, so tender and full of flavour when cooked properly.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Medallion Steak

chips, what is ' skirt ' ...is there another name for it? Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Medallion Steak

I have always called it skirt steak. Lovely cut of meat for slow cooking or pies & pasties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Medallion Steak

You sound like me, Ed! The only steak I can cook to perfection is Fillet steak, sirloin and rump end up like leatherSmiley Happy. Thanks for the replies, will slow cook it next time.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Medallion Steak

Make sure it's at room temperature then dry fry it on a low heat turning frequently until medium cooked, much longer than that and it'll go tough on you.

Skirt is long and flat and from the belly area.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent