Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Looking for NEXT years's presents!

Well, and why not? I can't possibly compete with my very lovely sister-in-law who humbles me by swamping me out with birthday and Christmas presents, but she let me into her secret - she starts looking for next year's presents the day we go back home...

oh Cookie.....

...cleaning out my box by the side of my chair, I have discovered a thankyou note I should have sent you about a million years ago. You donated MDCC monies to the Dogs Trust, and I don't seem to have thanked you properly...you must think I'm so norty...

blushing smiley.gif crying2smiley.gif

tempura batter

I asked for any recipes for tempura batter recently, well I did 100g plain flour, 100g cornflour, 10g baking powder, and cold fizzy water to mix. It was delicious and crispy and the squid was yummy BUT don't be daft like what I was - put oil in a pan...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any "Stella" fans on here?

My sister and I, having of liquid refreshment partaken, watched the entire first series back-to-back on DVD. It really has some superb acting and scripting in it. Any other fans?

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

boxing day tea/dinner thread

don't we eat on boxing day ? i'm currently cooking roast beef, hoping it'll be 8.30pm when it's ready but i think it'll be nearer 9pm.so roast beef, roast potatoes, gravy, yorkshire puddings and carrots followed by some lovely looking chocolate desse...

User avatar by Engager
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sewing question :-)

Sometimes on the back waist of linen trousers, there is a kind of very fine ribbed stretchy cotton, like the cuffs sometimes found on pyjama ankles. What is it called and does it come in rolls?

shrinking pics....HELP

until my daughter bought me a new camera for xmas i never had a problem posting pics on here now they are to big so question???? can anyone tell me in EASY terms how to shrink them either on computer or camera.... PLEASE....

Spot the faux santa in the skies

In precisely 20 mins you may get a glimpse of the ISS going across the skies - only lasts for 3 mins as it's shifting at a fair rate. The International Space Station will be visible in the sky with the naked eye on Christmas Eve in Britain.Residents ...

to my friends on here....

have a lovely time and I look forward to our chats after the holidays while we tell each other what lovely things we got for Christmas.I love you all and have a great great time. slobbery licks from Captainbovine xxx

merry xmas 2 smiley.jpg

On the twelth day of Christmas??

How many of us actually see it through to the 6th.? In our family, we look at Christmas and it's festivities as being over on January the first. That's when a new year begins and that's when the tree, decorations, balloons et al come down. As for New...

mince pie anyone...

i was up early .been to church yard .beef roasted, gammon roasted.mince pies made .sausage rolls made also stuffing made for tomorrow.made now to puts my feet up. mince pie or sausage roll anyone..

charity ebay.jpg

Boy oh boy oh boy....

good grief, what happens to people Christmas week? I've never seen such brattish behavior! we get shouted at, pushed shoved and prodded, all so they can get at the sprouts! I've even seen them fighting over sausages... it's just not what it's all abo...

oh bless....I think!

OH comes staggering in through the front door this afternoon, goes off to bedroom and returns in his jammies and dressing gown...no "hello" or anything, he just said "I'm hungry"so I gave him a cup a soup while his dinner cooked.... next comment..."I...