On the twelth day of Christmas??

How many of us actually see it through to the 6th.?  In our family, we look at Christmas and it's festivities as being over on January the first.  That's when a new year begins and that's when the tree, decorations, balloons et al come down.  As for New Year's resolutions!  Mine - no swearing lasted half an hour into the New Year when I came in and found my cat tucking in to a chicken sandwich - "Get that w4ot8fvv!!!****&!!! cat off the table!"  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSee you all some time after Christmas.  (Computer has a three day Christmas break).

Peace and prosperity be yours within the coming year.  You've been a great bunch - had more than a few laughs at my expense and a few wind ups too.  All the best, Fred.heart

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Happy Christmas to you Frederick. May the berries stay on your holly.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Merry christmas and a happy new year to you too fred.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Fred.

To answer your question, my decorations come down on the 6th January.

My parents always did that when I was little and not so little, and I have always done the same.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Merry Christmas to you fred, not that you can see it now ha ha better late than never.

Decorations down on new years day here spring cleaning as I go. Start the year clean and fresh.
Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Shouldn't they come down on the 5th?

25th: 1st night

26th: 2nd night

27th: 3rd night ...  5th: 12th night.

The superstition is that they should not be up after the 12th night, therefore logically they must come down before dawn on the 6th.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

have always taken the tree down on the 6th. I start putting the stuff off the doors and the lights before as it takes so long and I like to take my time now.

I put the tree up on the 1st Dec too. I just love the tree and look forward to doing it weeks before!!!

I'm 7 in my head you see...embarrassed-smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

I take mine down when I feel like it. Not superstitious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

I wouldn't leave mine up after the 6th, but I might take it down sometime around the 2nd or 3rd.

I like it being there and I don't like all it entails in taking it down! Woman Sad

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

I usually take mine down on the 1st but the family will still be here so it will be the 2nd or 3rd this year. Then I will be getting prepared for my sewing retreat on the 18th.:D

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Isn't there room for you to go to your daughters for Christmas day and boxing day?  I don't like to think of you all by yourself Maggie. Woman Sad

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

I like being here Margaret.:) I would go mad with all the noise & muddle up there. We have it worked out very well for all of us.:) Damson & I will walk on the beach tomorrow & throw a pebble in the sea for each person that wont be there at the christmas table. I am very happy with my own company & a drop of the good stuff!

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

OK. 

Well have a nice day.  Think I'll go to bed now, I have to put the turkey in at 7 am, it takes five hours to cook and an hour to stand!

Probably be on at some point tomorrow.

Happy Christmas.xx.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

And to you CG. Have a lovely day. 🙂

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent