Boy oh boy oh boy....

good grief, what happens to people Christmas week? I've never seen such brattish behavior! we get shouted at, pushed shoved and prodded, all so they can get at the sprouts! I've even seen them fighting over sausages...

it's just not what it's all about really is it?

still, I've done my share now, off until Saturday, it's been the maddest two days of my working year, and I'm glad to see the back of it!

Ho ho ho and Merry Christmas xx

Photobucket

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Boy oh boy oh boy....

That is why I do all my shopping online and have it delivered.

Way more civilised

Photobucket
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

We got our last few bits yesterday.  Must admit that it was quite civilised.  We had a chat with a lovely lady coming out of A*di.  We couldn't understand why people had to be so bad tempered and grumpy whilst they were doing their Christmas food shop.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

Hate it......................

people pushing and shoving, rammed by trolleys , doors slammed in your face , manners out the window ....................... oh the joys of the festive season ................ peace on earth and goodwill to all men

Festive spirit .................................. bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh humbug

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

That doesn't sound any different from the rest of the year really...

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

we don't have that problem on here though do we....

come sit in the comfy lounge and share a drink and a nibble or two....

mince pie anyone?FHG girls sharing pizza.gif

Photobucket

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

Oooooooooooooo yes please especially if they are your homemade ones

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

It is odd ...the shops are only closed on Xmas day ....its not as if anyone is going to starve ....

Then it will be the same again come New Year as many shops will again be closed for one day .....

Not at home this year for Xmas so have not had to go food shopping ....BLISS ....

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

tell me about it as you know i'm on shetland on sunday bout delayed because of a wee bit of wind(about force 8)goods started to come in aroung 3.30 we had to close the doors till we could get shelves stocked. as half of shetland was there.

then radio announced the next days ferry was under review so the other half of shetland appeared.

mind you it wasn't as bad as a couple of years ago no ferries for over a week!  tesc*o hired 3 or 4 planes to bring in foodstuffs i think everybody and their grannies were waiting for the doors to open

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

Well a nice man delivered all my food shop fractionally after I had made my only cuppa of the day LOL. Will admit I am one of the grumpy ones - don't enjoy shopping, hate piped muzak, especially loud, hate crowds and really do not see why hordes of people suddenly expect to share my bit of shop. Without online grocery shop think we'd be shooting the local pigeons with a catapult LOL.Need a couple of things so will send OH out for them tomorrow. 

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

I know, I don't know what possesses some people, why they become so horrid over something so trivial.  I mean

is it the end of the world if they can't get some sprouts or something?  No, not when you think some people have

nothing and/or are suffering during this season when we should be sharing and caring.

I went to S-buris yesterday and the experience wasn't too bad - yes there were some rude people but the

staff and the nice ones made up for it.  I wanted some lacto-free milk, asked one of the staff who was busy

doing something else, but I said I can wait until he's finished.  He said of course, I will go and look for you.

I said it is only for my cat but he loves his milk and can't drink ordinary milk.  He came back, arms laden with

what I wanted and said, we love all our customers to be happy at Christmas, including cats!  Then, as I unloaded

the last bits into the car, a lovely lady asked for my trolley and wished me a happy Christmas - it was all very

nice really.

I did do one thing though for which I feel very, very terrible.  Had the car washed by one of those car-washing people

who lurk about in supermarket car parks, very pleasant he was.  I said I had to go to cashpoint so could I pay when

I come back, which I often do, and he agreed.  I forgot and got miles up the road before remembering.  I don't feel good

about it.  But I will pay when I go next time.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

Groceries came yesterday all present amd correct. Picked up some salady bits this morning when I finished work. Most of the shelves were full so no problem getting what I wanted.
Workwise it was quiet. So we finished early after 2 tea breaks 😉 I am only working one day this week so thats me done until new years eve lovly jubly.
Quite impressed how stress free it has been.
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Boy oh boy oh boy....

Popped into M&S as I was in town & it was horrible. People pushing & shoving so I went to Tesco on Portland & it was much more civilised. Got myself  little piece of beef & some yellow label lamb chops & steak mince so I did well.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent