The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Boris.

Bonking Boris is the new PM. What a long drawn out palaver?

User avatar by Guide
  • 62 replies
  • 1 kudos

A bit close for comfort!

I must have missed reports of the asteroid that came closer to the Earth than the Moon. https://www.technologyreview.com/f/614027/a-huge-asteroid-flew-very-close-to-earth-last-week-how-did-we-miss-it/ The asteroid managed to get within just 73,000 ki...

Where's the protesters?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-devon-49144207/replica-mayflower-built-to-be-burned-in-great-torrington What a waste? First, loads have trees have been cut down. Second, loads of energy has been expended in transporting the timber. Thirdly l...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Garden Pests

We are suffering more than normal with winged garden pests - anyone else having a similar problem. Looks like an idyllic scene - bluetits enjoying the bird feeder:- It was until this bird decided it was his feeding table - swooping down and grabbing ...

E5EF8323-308D-4CD0-91E3-1E1C7D574ABC.jpeg 45F965C4-F77F-440A-AA6C-2844F814271A.jpeg C1F3F83E-D146-46E0-9BC9-E655F3332278.jpeg

Who was it?

Who was it on here who used to post about Aspartame? Didn't he have a Standard Poodle which was dyed pink? I've forgotten his ID. Reason for asking is that I've just read this article about Aspartame:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7266913...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tankers in the Gulf

Does anyone on here know what is behind the disappearance of two oil tankers from the straights of Hormuz that Does not involve a conspiracy theory! Let me be clear I do not wish to see any military action between ourselves and Iran, they are however...

Return of the taskies

After a over a 15 year hiatus i have returned seeking new recruits.....this is where it all started after all!Voddy has been secretly undercover for years gathering information from here and reporting back to the "taskforce" regaling us all of your t...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Anyone know anything about Cribbage Board Collecting?

I was watching one the endlessly repeated Antiques Roadshow type shows on afternoon TV and my ears pricked up when they were enthusing about a cribbage board. I had no idea that people collected them and I have one that belonged to my grandparents. I...

100_0049.JPG 100_0050.JPG

Tommy Robinson trial

If you don’t like obeying our laws then you should get out of our country, Tommy Robinson told. Former EDL leader and professional gammon-herder Tommy Robinson has been told that if he doesn’t like the laws of this country then he should go and live ...

Tommy-Robinson-frown-small.jpg

I'm looking for a British film from the 40's or 50's

Hi all, long time no visit to the bay. As the subject line says, I'm looking for a film from the 40's or 50's. I'm not sure what it's called but I think it's either Johny and Mary, or any variation of those names. It's about two young children, a boy...

Hospital TV charges

Patients charge £10 / day by NHS to watch TV, but prisoners only charged £1 / weekOld news perhaps but patients still being ripped off to relieve boredom. Whoopee, if you know you will be in for 3 days you get a discount from £30 to £22. Such generos...

Oh no! It seems my camera's dying. Help please.

I bought my first digital camera in 2012, to start selling on ebay, a Vivitar xo35. It's worked well but now the pictures are always slightly dark and out of focus. I've been told it is probably just worn out. Things have moved on since '12, I'm not ...

Antiques??

Are many RTers interested in Antiques these days? The reason for mentioning the subject is that I see good antiques selling for way, way below the prices realised ome years ago. Why is that? I forget how many years ago that a friend of mine (now dead...

User avatar by Guide
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Today is.....

The longest day. Make the most of it, it's all downhill from here on  

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

CD

I apologise to you CD for my antagonisig thread.I'm sorry for my multiple ID'sAlthough you are wrong about my usage of them being anything but innocent. I reread the Board usage policy and I am happy I have not violated it.I do not accept I don't hav...

Can anyone advise re dog collar please?

Waterproof Anti Bark Electric Shock Ultrasonic Dog Collar Pet Training Collar I would like to know if anyone has used one and did they find it did the job of sucessfully trainingg their dog out of insesant barking.I wouldn't want to waste my 30 odd p...

Local elections.

Every time we have "local elections" the BBC removes all their links to regional news sites. Why do they do that? Towards the bottom of all regional pages are/were links to newspapers or local news agencies which are/were often more interesting/detai...

User avatar by Guide
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Number one in the charts when you ........

were born ?If you do not want to answer that is fully understandable. Personally I do not mind people knowing my age because it is only a number and not my mental age .Number one when I was born was Frank Sinatra - Three Coins in a Fountain.

Just shows how efficient SNP are !

We have received a letter canvassing from them for our votes in the European election.Nothing wrong with that I hear you say but it is addressed to four people who they say live in this house and not one of them is my wife nor me ! We have lived here...

Tobacco Smoke Conundrum

I gave up smoking at New Year and not smoked since.Nobody else has smoked in my flat, yet I can smell tobacco smoke occasionally.I live in a block of flats, so maybe it is seeping in from a neighbour either next door or below me.Maybe it has always b...

Lovely ebay story.

Here's a lovely ebay story, how nice to hear something good about an ebay seller. Shades of "days of old ebay"?:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-47277608

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time travel?

I think people that believe time travel is possible are deluded! https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1109426/Time-travel-proof-time-travel-possible-physics-time-travel-machine How can you travel to "The Future" when the future hasn't yet happened?

User avatar by Guide
  • 35 replies
  • 0 kudos