Local elections.

Every time we have "local elections" the BBC removes all their links to regional news sites.

Why do they do that?

Towards the bottom of all regional pages are/were links to newspapers or local news agencies which are/were often more interesting/detailed than the BBC page itself! Why've they been removed?

There's no "local elections" in Wales right now but they've removed all the links from the Welsh regions too. WHY????

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Local elections.

Be better to ask them wouldn't it?slight_smile

Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Back to the top?

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Because they are required to by electoral law, as a few seconds use of Google would have shown you
Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

So Sky (Live) say the Tories have lost 280 seats, while the BBC

and other News outlets (Live) are saying they've lost 380 seats

Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Perhaps you would kindly elucidate? 

I can't see how (or why) a BBC news web page having a link to a local newspaper reporting on (for instance) how a horse was rescued from a muddy river bank would in any way interfere with or influence a local election?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

@al**bear wrote:

So Sky (Live) say the Tories have lost 280 seats, while the BBC

and other News outlets (Live) are saying they've lost 380 seats

It took Sky over 2hrs to START catching up with the other News outlets

and of course their main story, for most of Yesterday, seems to have been

'How badly Labour have done'

They also Had a major story running in the Morning, about

'Warnings of the Tories losing 1000 Councillors are looking ridiculous'

as their loses reached 500, that story was dropped and never mentioned again

the end result --

Conservatives lose more than 1,300 councillors

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

I agree it does seem to be biased, but the truth is that when an unpopular party loses seats like this one expects the main beneficiary to be the opposition whereas they too made significant losses, given their standing where does that leave us? Truth be told neither party is popular at the moment and both have leadership problems !
Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

I've stopped watching Sky News! I'm heartily sick of their preoccupation with politics, having loads of contrived rubbish which is not news promoted by two of the most pompous and over-opinionated blokes I've ever seen, AB and FI. There's far, far too much speculation in their reports coupled with their unwanted opinions.

You find them biased towards Conservatives Al? I found them biased towards Labour.

Also, they've changed schedules so that a political half hour just happens to be when I used to watch news and that daft programme "The Pledge" has been put on, again when I wanted to watch NEWS!

Live long and prosper.

Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Going back to my OP, the elections were on Thursday, it's now Saturday, the BBC hasn't reinstated any links to local news sites yet?? Why not?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Local elections.

didn't change much did they?stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

I'm still waiting for some explanation of your assertion that the BBC are required by electoral Law not to have links to local news sites during elections.

Now the EU elections are upon us, all the regional links have gone from the BBC site again BUT..... all the references to electioneering and the elections are still on the regional newspapers and news sites as are all other local news stories.

Even if all references to elections were required to be removed from the BBC site why are all the other items of news removed too? 

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Could it be to do with the constant criticism of the BBC that is in play here? They are constantly criticised by political activists hell bent on getting them to favour their particular leaning, Twitter is a constant stream of discontent towards their political stance perceived or otherwise! I guess we are approaching the day when we will all be censored in order to satisfy those in power.
Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

So far in Wales the Brexit party are way out in front. They topped the poll here with nearly 3 times the Labour vote.

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Well now, the links to local news sites are back. No-one knows (and I mean know) why they get removed?

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

sleeping

Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

D8OkH6KXoAEyBqS (1).jpg

Reality or parody ? who knows anymore

We are many,They are few
Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Watched a bit coverage after question time last night,the resuts came in,and listening to the BBC i thought Labour had lost ! Now stone cold loser Farage wants to be part of the negotiations,you couldn't make it up !

We are many,They are few
Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Local elections.

Sheeesch Joe there tories in here.You bow down to the masters.

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent