Oh no! It seems my camera's dying. Help please.

I bought my first digital camera in 2012, to start selling on ebay, a Vivitar xo35.  It's worked well but now the pictures are always slightly dark and out of focus.  I've been told it is probably just worn out.

Things have moved on since '12,  I'm not at all tech minded and finding it all very confusing.  I just need a basic "point and shoot" camera for ebay ads. and to store the photos on my laptop using W10.  

Any suggestions please?   

I see from the ads. I've looked at,  that most cameras don't seem to come with a "set-up" disc these days.  Are these no longer required??  Do new cameras just plug in and go??

Neither can I find the vivitar camera in the "devices" file, I was told that I should delete this before starting with a new one.

Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Suggestion ...Check out your local High St. Buy/Sell/Exchange electronics shops for 5 to10/12 Mp  'point and shoot' known brand Autofocus compact cameras with SD card format at very reasonable prices ... Macro/Super Macro menu settings can be useful on occasions for detailed close up item pictures ... No setup is required as most are now 'Plug and Play'. ... A budget of £20 > 35.00 should be more than adequate.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for your answers, at least I now have a starting point.  I did have a quick look in the local buy/sell/exchange shop, their selection was, predictably, small and limited to part of one cabinet.

Can anyone recommend a specific make/model that they have found to be good value and reliable??

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS80 simple and easy to use. Always performed well.
A few years old now but there may be an up to date model.
Next mood swing in six minutes.
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent