Anyone know anything about Cribbage Board Collecting?

I was watching one the endlessly repeated Antiques Roadshow type shows on afternoon TV and my ears pricked up when they were enthusing about a cribbage board.  I had no idea that people collected them and I have one that belonged to my grandparents.

I've searched ebay and bing images but of course can't find an exact match.  I have no idea how old it is,  they both died back in the 60s and it has seen plenty of use (not to say it's a bit battered).

Judging by the images I've found this one may be a bit out of the ordinary.  It has shaped brass feet (not just round pegs) and the compartment has three hand carved pegs.  These might be a problem as they are definitely not plastic or Bakelite, they are either bone or ivory (I have no way of knowing which).  As my granfather was in the RN they may even be from the inter-war years and from the Far East.

I hope I've attached a couple of photos and would be grateful for any info.

Thanks.100_0049.JPG100_0050.JPG

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know nowt about them, but there is one on eBay with what look like shaped brass feet and bone pegs described as Victorian period.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I know nowt about them, but there is one on eBay with what look like shaped brass feet and bone pegs described as Victorian period.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Smiley Very Happyi got two in the shed one wood and one slate

Petal
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks for that info. suzie, the feet and storage compartment are right, although the veneer pattern is different.  Pity the seller is a bit tentative about the attribution.

But it does give me a starting point for more research.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent