What was your favourite childrens show from the 60's and 70's?

Hi everyone, It's been a very long time since I was last on ebay, but now I've decided to pay a visit. I'm in nosey mode. I'm wondering what children's telly people liked to watch in the 60's and 70's. What ever the show genre, educational, schools programmes, documentaries, cartoons etc. Please list everything you liked or disliked, i.e anything and everything.

I'll start th on a stone.ings off with Animal magic, the flintstones, bugs bunny. I'll put more on the list later when I've got a bit more time. There is one schools tv show I'm trying to remember though but it just wont come, all I can remember though is that there were child actors in it and they had to look for A K ( which stood for Adam Kent) on a stone. Anyone remember that?

Anyway, happy listing on this subject I mean.

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Captain Scarlet & Thunderbirds

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

The Avengers
The Prisoner
Emergency Ward 10
Quatermass
Garry Halliday
Hiram Holiday
Steptoe and Son
I Love Lucy
Sgt Bilko
Railway Roundabout
You hum it i’ll Play it 😀
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Grange Hill is the only school thing I can think of, but that might have been later.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Doctor Who

Lost in Space

The Lone Ranger

Rawhide

Bonanza

Wagon Train

Robin Hood

Crackerjack

Flipper

Others I watched but can't remember the names of:

A series about the Crusades / Richard the Lion Heart

A series about a dog that somehow managed to rescue someone from a house-fire, car crash, heart attack, well, etc. every week.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

The only program I really disliked was the football results on Saturday, they seemed to drone on forever.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Smiley Indifferentjust before the lone ranger Smiley LOL

Petal
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

I was only very young so

Black Beauty

Flipper

Double Deckers

Champion the wonder horse

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

The Lone Ranger

Wagon Train

Rawhide

Bonanza

Cheyenne

Tales of Wells Fargo

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Ivanhoe
Blue peter
Magpie
The monkees
Captain pugwash
Noggin the nog
Supercar
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

@pauldogs_0 wrote:

Hi everyone, It's been a very long time since I was last on ebay, but now I've decided to pay a visit. I'm in nosey mode. I'm wondering what children's telly people liked to watch in the 60's and 70's. What ever the show genre, educational, schools programmes, documentaries, cartoons etc. Please list everything you liked or disliked, i.e anything and everything.

I'll start th on a stone.ings off with Animal magic, the flintstones, bugs bunny. I'll put more on the list later when I've got a bit more time. There is one schools tv show I'm trying to remember though but it just wont come, all I can remember though is that there were child actors in it and they had to look for A K ( which stood for Adam Kent) on a stone. Anyone remember that?

Anyway, happy listing on this subject I mean.

The Lost Treasure Part Four 30 Jan 1967   Starting from the prompt that A.K. must be Adam Kent, the person who hid the treasure and wrote the clues, the children put the two clues together side by side to read the instructions for finding the treasure. Mrs Brown gives them a map of the area to help them to find the treasure, then goes off. The first clue requires a stone with 'AK' on it, so they split up to search round the gardens. Carol finds a stone with "Time Will Not Stand Still" [remember that; it may become important later] on it, but Bob discovers what they're looking for - 'AK' on the wall of the house above the front door. They next have to turn their backs to the stone and cross the canal. The next line - G O N W from K - they can't understand so they move on to the next and go to search for 'Ing's Mill'. The spot a mill on the map they were given: Bob thinks it's the one from the clue, Carol isn't sure. When they go to the mill a man lets them look round inside. Carol notices that the date on the wall is 1959, so it is a new mill and not old enough for Adam Kent to have known about it. So they sit down to reconsider the latest clues.

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

I was 11 in 1960 so still a child in the 1960s.

Cant remember most childrens shows I watched, but I do remember

Crackerjack

Mr Ed

A lot of puppet ones like Supercar, Joe 90 and stuff like that.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Not really children's specifically but ....
Hans and Lottie Hass
The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau
Lassie
Flipper

Mostly animal and marine programmes

But also:
The Man from UNCLE
Popeye
The Prisoner
The Avengers
Dr Who
Top of the Pops
The Monkees

Now my mind's gone blank!
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Blue Peter, The Magic Rounmdabout, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Clangers...

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent