The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Classic Cameras - 35mm SLR Lens Mount Adapters

We have been users of classic 1970s 35mm SLR systems for almost 40 years in our household, mainly Canon and Olympus, with some Nikon, as well as M42 gear before that. In terms of lenses, in addition to FD Breechlock lenses we also use some classic/sp...

Boris?

We've all seen the furore over Boris and the row with his girlfriend? It doesn't look good for something like that to be splashed all over "the media" whether it's a senior politician, a prospective PM or just "a normal member of the public"? There's...

User avatar by Guide
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

1970s vintage Aiwa radio cassette.

For ages I've been looking for a 1970s vintage Aiwa radio cassette. I'm wondering if anyone out there can suggest a shop to go and try, or even if there's one for sale privately. Strange though it may seem these days I'd prefer NOT to buy one online....

Harry & Megan

I am surprised that no one has raised last night’s programme on here. I watched it and tried to take an impartial view of what they have to endure. The work that they do is not like having a holiday as the spotlight remains upon them at all times. Of...

Sky News???

Sky News, do you ever watch? There's a possibility it might close down:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41909321 In recent times I find Sky News extremely boring, lacking in real news and dominated by Politics. The two most boring, arrogant and p...

User avatar by Guide
  • 53 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which Police/Detective Programme Is This From

The plot starts with a man contacting police saying he has seen his wife who he thought was dead.After some detective work, the wife`s whereabouts are found and address passed to husband.Main police officer speaks to someone who tell him that the hus...

Brexit

We, the people, of the UK, have decided to leave the EU on March 29th 2019. Our politicians have decided - rightly or wrongly - that we will leave without a "deal" So where does that leave us?

User avatar by Contributor
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thomas Cook???

In many news reports it was said the travel shops and the planes "owned" by Thomas Cook were all leased so how come it's now been announced that Hays Travel have "bought" the entire estate of 555 shops? Is some sort of business-speak saying they'd ag...

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Protests and protestors.

Today a "protest camp" has been set up on a farmers field near Blackpool. There's tents, cars, vans and of course people with their associated paraphernalia of banners and placards. These "protestors" seem to think they have a right to enter property...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

'Temporary marriage ' report , BBC news.

Did anyone watch the report on 'temporary marriage' on BBC news at 10 last night? It was horrific..and it left me feeling sick and disgusted. Paedophiles..calling themselves Imams. Can't print here what I would like to happen to them.

OK, lets have some controversy?

I've just listened to a tirade by a Labour MP!!!! It was about "Sporting Interests" in the countryside. He was attacking Grouse shooting (What a co-incidence, it's The Glorious Twelfth today), Pheasant shooting and Fox hunting. He was making stupid c...

User avatar by Guide
  • 33 replies
  • 1 kudos

One word against another?

We've seen the accusations of touching and groping rage back and forth BUT........ Leaving aside attacks on those concerned (please), just what do you do when an historic accusation crops up? How can the accused proffer a defence or how can the accus...

User avatar by Guide
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rugrats back to School today

Parents and others, all over Scotland (Strathclyde last week) Celebrate the Brats going back to 'day jail' for a while and of course the worst little monster going for the first time

parents-celebrate-the-day-their-kids-go-back-to-school-01.jpg

The role of an MP is to.......?

Currently, it appears that the MPs seem to think that their role at Westminster is to promote their own viewpoint? The role of an MP is supposed to be that of a person representing the view of their constituents but how many actually seek out the vie...

User avatar by Guide
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

Horseshoes?

OK then, where's the horse experts? Anyone know anything about temporary horseshoes? I'm talking about pre-19th century. They were in two parts, pivoted (riveted) at the front so they could be opened/closed, they had thinner metal "grippers" at the s...

User avatar by Guide
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Potholes?

Why are there so many? I've had a look at a few and came to the conclusion that there were a couple of reasons. 1/ Lack of adhesion of the top layer to the layer underneath. 2/ Not enough depth to the top layer. Now, years back, in dry weather they u...

User avatar by Guide
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Banning Hands free Devices - the evidence

So before You go bumping Your gums comparing Phone calls, while driving With listening to Radio or chatting with other passengers etc etc Here is the scientific research showing why - Phone calls (handsfree or not) use Way more of the brain, than oth...

selling to usa and vat

Hello peeps been long time. Just sending an invoice to a buyer in USA and it shows a VAT charge on there. Whats all that about? wooooof wooof