Member To Member Support
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Lost Money and Ebay Closed my Case

Purchased I phone but envelope arrived containing only cheap plastic watch.Contacted seller and went through all correct steps with Ebay but they refused to refund me and have now closed my Appeal.The seller's profile shows he has done this to severa...

Non - Taxable Charges

Hello, I recently purchased an item on Ebay which was faulty (the seller didn't descrbe the fault) and therefore had to send it back. The item was purchased from German seller. They have re-funded the money for an item, but not UPS Non-Taxable Charge...

Insufficient postage

Buyer paid postage for a large letter but post office rejected it as insufficient. I can't see how I resolve this, I emailed the buyer but I don't know what she can do now either.

Seller negative feedback

Why is it that Ebay continues to punish Sellers with a good reputation by allowing a customer to give unjustified feedback because its "their right" when sellers are unable to give neagtive fedback on customers who do not pay, make false claims etc e...

Resolved! Wrong Tracking number

Good morning, I have imputted the wrong tracking number onto an item I have sold, is there a way that I can change it. It is causing confision. thanks Andy

Returns

I'm trying to complete the form for a return of a purchase, but every time it asks for photo. How can I complete the form without a photo?

Resolved! Authentication return

Hello, I sold a necklace which failed the authentication...Basically it has all the Italian stamps not the British hallmarks..It is as stated Real 18ct Gold I've had it laser tested and that's not the issue I'm guessing the issue was it wasn't UK hal...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Product Recall

I have an email informing me that a product I purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. It was a lithium battery but I am not able to identify a date or order number from the ebay email, which refers only to item number.As I have purc...

Resolved! Nectar account probles

Hi. I have recently noticed my nectar account is 'temporarily disabled' with eBay. Reading through previous posts on here, this seems a common issue. How do I rectify this please. Thanks

Seller not aknowldgeing my issue or messages

I have a faulty goods that wuthin UK consumer law the seller has to handle, but the ONLy way to communicate with the seller is ebay and the seller is simply ignoring my request, yest is still a seller on ebay.Such disregard for teh comnsumer is not a...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suspecting A Major Scam

TLDR; I suspect a top rated seller to be scamming a lot of people and I want to know the steps to combatting the fake tracking number scam.Hi everyone, I'm suspecting a major scam from a top rated seller. I recently made my first purchase on eBay for...

Posting to France

In my selling , I have stated I only post. to UK. The winning bidder is from France. Can I I increase the postage? How do I increase the postage?

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Incorrect car part, seller refusing to help.

Hi Folks. Looking for help/advice. I have purchased a car part and it is not correct. Before purchase I initially contacted the seller with my vehicle information and the seller confirmed that the part was correct for my vehicle. I ordered it and onc...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Private Seller

Hi All, Today, I bought an item which was covered by eBay money back guarantee. The eBay took the money from my account immediately. The item was listed by a private seller and he advertised it as COLLECTION ONLY. All day I kept waiting for seller to...

Cannot ship to my location

Dear all, can you please help as I'm trying to purchase an item from USA but it's telling me that seller cannot ship to my location. The seller is willing to ship to me but he says he cannot change it. I've added to my basket and it keeps reminding m...

Listing an items

Hi spoke to someone on eBay last week about listing items. They told I could list after 48 hours . I'm still on able to list them . I've tried different devices. Still no joy .

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Combining Postage

Is it impossible to combine the postage for different items in my shop before a buyer checks out? without them having to request a total (also a button i've never seen at checkout) ? The combined postage works fine for multiple of the same item but n...

No Courier Scan

Hello,I am seeking Top Seller status and need to get over the 95% loaded on time to achieve this. I therefore religiously add the tracking details however a whole host of items from the last month are showing up as No Courier Scan (which I find very ...

cannot login

My pc died three weeks ago and i lost all my details,as i wrote it down i was able to enter my ebay user name and password but it wants to send me an additional security code ,the two methods available are text to mobile I dont have oneand email to a...

Where have all my messages gone? I haven't deleted them but there's nothing there apart from ebay Medstead no member ones

Seller cancelled sale, can't find item.

I won an item last night at a surprisingly low price. I wake up this morning to find that the seller has cancelled the sale saying they can't find the item. I didn't ask to cancel the sale and would rather have waited for them to find the item. Do I ...

Hi

How come they won't charge me £130 with out selling anything yet can you please explain why?????

Balance in minus

Hello My balance is minus £3.71 that i owe ebay. I have already paid this and also shows on my bank account however my account still shows me in minus. Does anyone know how i can get in contact with someone

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Refund not being issued

I had an unexplained refund for an item I puchased, and although the refund says it has come through on PayPal my balance is still zero. My actual bank balance is also zero and I'm 100% sure I didn't move any money into saving accounts. The item says...

Sold without collection code

Hi everybody! So I've sold an item for cash on pick and buyer already collected it but i haven't scanned collection code but just marked as payment done and now i cannot finish and buyer cannot see collection code as well,for this sell I've got autom...

80% Variable fees activation issue

I am not getting confirmation that the 80% variable fees has been activated. I go through the steps clicking on the link and signing in again but it doesn't take me to the you've activated the offer page. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Non payers driving me nuts!

I sell in the auctions, mainly clothes, in my description I make it clear to pay within 2 days ,on the 4th day a automatic unpaid item case will open E-bay rules expect people to pay within 4 days However of late I have had a few non payers ,they go ...

Authenticity Guarantee program

Hi everyone,just need some help about this new ebay authenticity guarantee, just want to know who is responsible for posting the item to the buyers address after being sent by the seller to ebay authenticity guarantee team.Many thanks Sergs

Items not eligible for points from nectar,

Recently bought 4 items on the ebay.com site from a seller in china. I am in the UK. I have my nectar card linked so I get points to use as money off vouchers. My nectar summary says thes 4 items are not eligible for points. I have looked on ebay hel...

£1,000

I collected football programmes for many years and stopped collecting about 15 years ago,i know am selling them about 20 a month,and will soon exceed £1000 will i be liable for Tax as i cannot prove i bought them as a hobby and only want to sell now ...

Sent item instead of collection in person

Original listing was for collection in person but I ended up sending it via parcelforce. I didn't change the listing from collection to posting when item sold. The item has been sent via parcelforce, I cannot add tracking number to the item and it sa...

sale refund

If a buyer says the product i sold them was not as described (which i dispute)but to avoid negative feedback I refunded them in full immediately and awaited the return of the goods.Three weeks on I still havent received them back nor is there a proof...

Report a buyer

Buyer wants me to cancel the order because they only won one item and say the postage costs are now to high What can I do about this ??

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Phone number

Has anyone got a customer service phone number please ? can't find one anywhere , and I'm going round in circles here 路‍ how hard is it to actually find a number to talk to a person

Resolved! Return label item not as described

Hi I am grying to return an item to a seller that was not as described. They have accepted the return and sent me a link to Royal Mail to obtain the return label. I haven't come across this before and wanted to know if this was correct. http://www.ro...

Seller

Ordered 2 tee shirts on Wednesday and despite several messages, the order has not been sent. My messages go unanswered, but they have taken my money

Change Evri to Royal Mail shipping after sale.

HiI have sold an item and after several recent problems with Evri I would rather sand by Royal Mail at an Extra cost to me.Am I ok to do that as item was listed postage by Evri.I was about to revise some of my listings to RM but this sale beat me to ...

Retracting an offer

Hello all how do I retract an offer on a product which I have subsequently found elsewhere. I have my bank details all set up and if the original offer is accepted I will potentially end up with 2 of the same products.

EBay refusing to remove false negative feedback

I sold an item on eBay a few weeks ago, when the buyer received the item they left poor feedback within 5 minutes of signing for the item. I was shocked as I always hope they will contact myself first with issues and a chance to rectify. They refused...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Watch return

Hi all advice needed. Sold a watch buyer wants a refund I agreed, they have not returned to me. Found my watch for sale with another seller

Fraudulent seller

I brought a plate yesterday and within 5 minutes they said it had been shipped. The yodel tracking number doesn't exist. I believe this account to be fraudulent- no feedback either and no response from the seller. Any idea how I can notify eBay and g...

PARCEL TAMPERING - parcel delivered by evri contained different item to what i posted.

Parcel delivered by Evri contained different item to what i sent. either buyer lying and pulling a fast one or somewhere within the Evri chain is a scam happening. parcel was dropped off at Londis, Rochford Square Essex and delivered to Chelford, Che...

REFUND

Is there any way I can contact someone at eBay regarding my refund? Returned the wrong parts last week, received and signed for by the seller but heard nothing about refund. Tried contact the seller through eBay messaging no response. Can someone hel...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Debt agency

Hi if anyone can help I have had a email saying that I owe eBay money from a debt agency. The issue is I have had more then 1 email from different companies. does anyone know which company should be contacting me to collect funds or is there a number...

Help

I purchased a bracelet on Ebay and paid for it through Paypal, I have the receipt, order number etc on paypal but nothing appears on Ebay. No record of any purchase! I cannot get any response from ebay as there is no record of purchase and I'm litera...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Freight forwarding services

So a buyer appears to have bought an item from me and had it sent abroad via a forwarding service. I sent it tracked insured to a UK address as per the eBay details. My listing has UK post only.Ten days after delivery I have reviewed a message from t...

Refund

Why have l only been given 50% refund and told to contact customer service for the remaining 50% and where is customer service

Messaging a buyer

Good Morning. A buyer has made me an offer. In the picture there are 4 sets. The description says what is included in one set. How can i contact her to ask which set she is buying.... in case she thinks all 4 sets are for that price in her offer. TIA

Incorrect postage paid

I sold an item but the postal costs are more than the buyer paid (Not his fault) so I gave him a full payment back and now want to send him a new invoice for the correct amount. How do I do that please?Super_Hoops

Cacel

Hey guys I accidentally cancelled an order was I right to message the buyer to say I wanted the order to still be placed??

Resolved! 5 of 526 transactions - Cases closed without seller resolution, techincal issue

5 of 526 transactions - Cases closed without seller resolution which is 0.95% (Below standard) and i need to lower this to 0.30% How do i go about doing this?Do I hope to get more cases to resolve in time?Or do i have to wait for 200+ orders? Its my ...

Magazine Variations

hi I have a listing for magazines with multiple variations for volumes. When I try and update with new stock, I can't seem to be able to relist the variations that have sold out before. they are there in the system, but it won't allow me to select th...

Sending parcels

Does anyone use Evri to send parcels? I can't find any info on it at all! I know when you list an item Evri comes up as an option but I have no idea how it's done!Help please!

Combined postage

A buyer has bought 2 items via global shipping programme,one is free for the buy the other is not,both have the same information number, eBay saying that they are both free for the buyer but I stated in the ad that one is not free postage so if I pos...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Negative feedback

A buyer left negative feedback 3 days after paying saying item was a no show, it was dispatched and tracking showed it was on its way. He paid for standard evri postage. ebay won't remove this which is incredibly unfair?!

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sale £200

Hi, I've sold an item and buyer paid cash but also taken £200 from his bank account. How do I refund him but make it clear that he's had the goods. thank you

Gsp

A buyer has bought 2 items via global shipping programme,can I put them both in the same parcel

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parcel not arrived

I've been waiting for my parcel since 16th may it got delayed by 1 day. The parcel was meant to be collected by the post office. It said "rejected" and now the parcel is going back. And when I clicked to the intern it said "if the seller doesn't answ...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terapeak slow and laggy

Hi all I've noticed that over the last few weeks Terapeak has been very slow in responding to enquiries, sometimes up to 30 seconds for the results to show up. This is for past sales and current listings prices. It's odd because the first few results...

Address unknown

Sent a parcel via eBay on royal mail. Printed okay, collected okay. Now on delivery its coming up as address unknown or can't be found. Parcel being returned to me. What do I need to do? Surely address is down to buyer? Customer hasn't contacted me, ...

Ebay car auction

I put my car in the ebay auction I forgot to put a reserve on it .Im afraid its not going to make the price i want.Can. end the auction without penalty .What can i do?

I am trying to sell

It appears that you haven’t provided the required information to confirm your identity or financial data. Until we receive that information, your listing and communication activity have been restricted to ensure a safe trading environment for you and...

Using a foreign bank account (french) in the UK

Hello,I am living in Northern Ireland and am moving out of the country soon. I wish to sell an item here, however my bank account is French and ebay won't let me input an account that isn't UK-based for a sale. What do I do, I do not have a UK bank a...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

An order from 2year ago

Hi I just need to know if I ordered garden furniture fro eBay about 2years ago.only just opened box due to ill health and just getting back on feet.just need yes or no.if yes need seller adress please thank

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rip off Sellers

Hi I bought a Xerox C400DN from Ebay 3 months back. When testing the device he'd locked me out from the system. And testing the default 1111 and serial number as the password refuses to log in

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authenticity inspection failed

Hello I purchased some sneakers through eBay's authenticity guarantee system some time ago. I ended up re selling as I didn't need them and never wore them. However weirdly it didn't pass the inspection when I was selling. Has anyone else had this ex...

Resolved! GSP orders to German

Hi, I have had a GSP order come though. Going to German. I thought, you could no longer send orders to German without a LUCID ID. Due to German's packing lews. I have a business account. I have tryed the catbot and goggle but can not find the answer....

Listing days

Hi I want list a car but only have option 7 days or 10 days it dose not show any option for 3 days listing don't know why please if you could kindly help us

Packlink/ebay/evri

I want to be invited to the customer service meeting for all 3 of these large companies and positively input that making access to real customer service as difficult as possible is taken off the agenda. The fact that eBay have a link to packlink on t...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CREATING VARIATIONS

I've had to create multiple listings for the same item (different styles) as I cannot see the option to create variations. Usually I want them all in one listing as they are the same product essentially just different animations but all same price et...

Buying an item

Im trying to pay foe an item but when i go to pay it keeps coming up saying please check your card payment details. Any ideas how i can fix this

Resolved! Import tax

EBay have wrongly charged my item buyer £33.20 import tax for a shipment being sent from Kent to Dorset and I am sure that is illegal

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mark as

Hi, i sold a motorbike, sale all went fine and buyer collected all happy. Ebay is asking me to scan a code to mark as collected but i didn't know i had to do that when the buyer came. How doni mark the listing as complete and item collected? Thanks.

cannot contact my buyer

item 202788411750 tried to send my contact number to buyer. Ebay blocked message ...says cant send personal info ?? Now it stops me sending ANYthing to buyer...even though im just now trying to say "collection only" why can i not send contact number ...

Payment on hold

I've got £111 of items on hold from 1st May onwards. When I check some of Royal Mail tracking they have been delivered others are not showing delivery although I'm sure the customer would have let me know if missing. Any idea how I get paid if Royal ...

Non-paid item/report buyer

I have not had a non-payer for ages; however, when I went to report for non-payment there is no exact option for this event. Basically, none of the options just state 'they have not paid'. Which option do I click on? Thanks

No refund from seller for battery which did not arrive. Ebay then promised refund but not received.

I have not received a refund from the seller in China for a laptop battery bought in October 2023. This battery was faulty. The seller claims to have sent a second battery but I have not received it. After many excuses for delays, the seller said a r...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

UNABLE TO LIST ANYTHING!

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM LISTING NEW ITEMS? I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LIST FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS BUT IT SIMPLY FREEZES WHEN I GET TO THE POINT OF LISTING AND THEN DROPS OUT. IT WILL LET ME RELIST ITEMS BUT NOTHING NEW. THERE IS NO "CUSTOMER SERVICES...

Changing bank details

Hi does anyone know how to actually get to speak to an agent? I need to change my bank details but don't have the details that are currently attached to my account so can't complete the process as you have to put the existing details in first. I am g...

account suspension MC011

I got a mc11 after 13 yearsThen they asked me to confirm the delivery of the orders.This happened.Then they sent order numbers again, I also confirmed the delivery.Then they permanently closed my account without any reasonI am the best seller and hav...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vat

Hello.Am trying to make a payment (a bidding to be more specific)from outside UK like i always do but i keep getting an email from ebay that on top of the ammount am gonna have to pay extra vat.That eas never the case before since am posting in UK.Wh...

Nectar Bonus Points 3,4,5 purchases

HiHas anyone received their Bonus Points from the above promotion that were due to be credited yesterday 16th May 2024? There does not appear to be any relevant contact details on Ebay and Nectar Chat cut me off.Asking as I have not received after pu...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Payments

Hello all, Last week I had my payments put on hold, aparently for a periodic review the review completed and the payment was paid out. This week I have sold something else and my payments are on hold again for another periodic review is this normal? ...

Damaged Parcel

Hi can anyone help me as I am not sure what to do.I posted lovely skirt in a sturdy box on Monday. Bought Evri tracked postage label via Ebay. Tracking showed as out for delivery. Next update shows Damaged parcel? no further tracking after that from ...

Volume and weight

Hi community, We are thinking about selling on EBAY UK, but one forwarding agent told us our product will be charged 3 to 4 times higher as usual because it is "vlume goods". They say: ".....if your goods are volume goods,the calculation method is le...

EBay charges

EBay keep on invoicing me for £21.42 each week. I am trying to sell a motorbike on eBay but with no success. I believe insertions are free until sold?how can I find out what these charges are for?and how can I stop them. is it possible to talk to som...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return accidentally cancelled

Incorrectly selected a carrier when processing a return, when i tried to choose another postage the return was logged as cancelled. Am I able to reset the return to start again?

Expired

I ordered for vitamin c on 14 of may and I received the order on Friday which was yesterday but I was disappointed with the order it was few in the container and was expired. I contacted the seller yesterday and today and he as not responding to my m...

Pick up only

How can I provide the seller with the address if an item is pick up only? They have paid for the item and being held in EBay account but when I message them the pick up address I am not sure if EBay is allowing me to pass it on as contact details not...

Fees

Why is it impossible to contact eBay apart from the useless automated system that never answers your question. I listed 2 hats and as they come under clothes it should be free as was another hat I sold. But they have charged me an extortionate £1.32 ...

Resolved! No bar code email received

The automated bot help that eBay provide is less than useless. I need to speak to a person and I'm faced with this useless firewall. So rant over.. I have a parcel waiting for me at Argos Click and collect. Royal mail sent me a photo to confirm it's ...

selling

does anyone know why when I messaged a buyer back it came up with ...no longer a registered user...

Review

I reviewed a transaction which was expeditiously completed by the seller but was ridiculously delayed by the courier. Accordingly, I gave the experience a neutral listing but in the text made it clear that any criticism was aimed at Yodel NOT in any ...

Other auctions using eBay to advertise.

I'm fed up with browsing classic cars, finding an interesting car at a reasonable price, clicking on and finding out it's another auction company using eBay to advertise their upcoming sale. Surely this isn't what eBay is for. If I wanted to look up ...

APRIL BONUS POINTS

As anyone recieved their bonus points for the April 3, 4, or 5 purchases. Suppose to be added by 16 th May. I have not recieved mine yet . I purchased a couple of items this week and the normal points for the items as been added so whats the problem ...

Resolved! VAT on second hand tools

I am bidding on a second hand hammer drill from an alleged private seller who has indicated on my leading bid that 20% VAT will becharged on the winning bid. Is this correct as I've not come across this problem previously?

Seller does not refund my money

I did buy "Brown Kraft Paper SOS Food Carrier Bags With Handles Takeaway" item the item didnt arrive around 2 weeks to my shop.i order new plastic back from another company its arrived And I called the delivery company to take that parcel to back. An...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cancel a postage label. UK.

Hi I'm trying to cancel postage labels.The community and the guides tell you to select "postage" or "labels" or some such from the left column in "Selling" but the are no columns or such words. I've followed the link someone provided to the shipping ...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forgot to confirm pick up

Sold a large item, buyer paid immediately, pick up took several trips and was tricky as came alone and without a van despite advice in the listing. I felt bad for him as he was struggling to dismantle and I couldn't help, and I was embarrassed to ask...

Confused about purchase

I've recently made a purchase(last night) I put an offer in and the seller countered so I accepted and paid,then I get a message from the seller asking if I wanted it shipped (I paid for the postage)I replied shipped please,the seller then asked wher...

Sold a car for 3rd time

Sold my car 3 times via ebay. It sold twice and both sellers did not make contact or complete transaction. Both were cancelled and 3rd time car sold with no issues. Ebay only cancelled fee on one transaction and are charging me twice for selling car ...

Technical issue

Why can I not change the pictures on a listing only get a blue box around the one I am trying look at next, and the same if I press add to watch list.Had this problem for nearly a week now.

Cannot make return/refund form work

I have bought and received an item off Ebay.The item does not work.So I followed the procedure for obtaining a refund, which has worked well in the past.Unfortunately on filling the form properly, I cannot proceed, because the Confirm button is blank...

Unexpected Packlink charge

HiI just received a charge for extra shipping taken through ebay 2.5 months after the item was sold. The item was weighed before the cost was fixed. This seems very unfair as there is no way to rebuff their charge. Any ideas? The weight was nearly 40...

Car buying scam, how to contact ebay?

So yesterday evening 2 men came to view my car and proceeded to try a distraction technique while one of the men then removed breather pipes from the engine and the radiator cap before requesting a test drive. I noticed the scam happening and told th...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Listing not showing

I've currently got 4 items listed to sell( still says 4 active listings) but when I click on selling to view the 4 items only 3 are showing up now. Until today all 4 were showing

Fake jbl headphones

I was sent out a replacement set of jbl headphones due to them cutting out all of the time. The replacement arrived with the exact serial numbers on the box .I informed ebay and they said was nothing wrong ?