Counter offers but no offers sent!

Hi, I've been recieving quite a few "counter offers" from buyers, but I don't allow offers on my listings and I haven't sent any offers out, a customer recently insisted I'd sent her an offer (although then said she couldn't find it) and was quite annoyed when I wouldn't honour the offer she thought I'd sent her! I've looked in promotions but the only "offer" I have is a discount if you buy more than one item, no promotions or offers on individual items.  Is there any place else it could be coming from? They get quite offened when I won't accept counter offers, and recently I believe a buyer bought two things (which are hand made and take days to make) just to return them to punish me for not accepting her counter offer.  Its really frustrating any help gratefully recieved!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Is it possible that you have accidentally/inadvertently set up your account to automatically send offers to members watching your items?  It may even be that Ebay have opted you into this without your knowledge.

Details below of how to check and opt out.

You can save time by enabling offers to be sent automatically to buyers interested in your current listings . You can change the settings for your automatic offers by going to active listings - opens in new window or tab and selecting the status With offers sending automatica...

Select View Offer settings to manage your automation setting.

Here you'll be able to:

• Enable or disable offers from being sent automatically
  • Adjust the automatic offer amount
  • Turn on or off counteroffers
  • Change your message

To turn off automatic seller initiated offers

1. Go to Seller Hub.
    2. In the Search section, select the All statuses dropdown and filter for "With offers sending automatically".
    3. Select Search.
    4. Select View offer settings.
    5. Select the > symbol next to Automatically send offers.
    6. Set the blue switch next to Automatically send offers to Off.
    7. Select Done.
    8. Select Update offer settings.
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Many thanks yes it looks like some have been set to end them automatically! I get stuck on point 4 though I can't see how to view offer settings? I've got the ones under automitcally send offers but can't get any further?

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

It is not something I have ever had to do - the link below is (hopefully) to the relevant page .  Have a browse and see if you can get there.  Goood luck!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144&st=3&...

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Many thanks I miss the days when you could speak to an ebay csr 😞

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent