Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Etiquette in Speaking

When speaking to someone and referring to another person, do you refer to the third party by the name you call them, or the name or title that the other person calls them.I am talking about adults here, the way some people talk to young children is t...

Resolved! poor old fhg

And it's oh, dear what can the matter be?Fhg appears to have gone down the lavatoryno posts from Sunday to Saturday ( ot literally of course) and nobody knew we were there?? Is poor old FHG lost forever or is it just the community boards are now so h...

my daughters wedding

for those not on FB here are a few pics of my daughters wedding we had a fantastic day despite the rain and the traffic in norwich being grid locked in every direction. and here is the cake and also the card that ed made for me after i sent her a pic...

charity ebay 039.jpg charity ebay 042.jpg charity ebay 044.jpg charity ebay 051.jpg

Anyone with Pet Insurance?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has Pet Insurance and would recommend the Insurers? Equally, if you were disappointed with a Company, it would be helpful to know. If it helps I have short-listed the following: LV (Liverpool & Victoria)Anim...

Compare the Market?

As anyone used 'Compare the Market'? The Site requires a few personal details, and I would appreciate knowing if anyone as found the Service helpful and useful? Many thanks

Hello Everybody!

Wow, I haven't been on here for ages - how is everyone? I've been so. so busy at work, it's seldom I've sat down without a steering wheel in front of me lol!! I almost forgot about the summer swap thingamajig and was most relieved to find posting tim...

Celebrity Masterchef

Did anyone watch this last night and can tell me who was eliminated please I missed it, so watched it on the iplayer, but it cut off before the eliminated person was announced.

what a mess

think we may have a bird stuck in our chimney, there was a strange sound this morning followed by an avalanche of soot, had just cleared the mess up and it happened all over again. The chimney was swept not long ago so there shouldn't be a build up o...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

fund raisers

I have been using up my odd balls of wool by knitting various hats, which I thought may be useful for the grandchildren's school fund raising fetes. Have now been told that they don't want them (my daughter told me not the school) as "people want pro...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where does money go?????

Unfortunately I had what could be called a 'oooh nasty' and pranged my car. I have since been informed by the Insurers that it has been considered as a total loss. So far, so good, so to say! I had a phone call on Friday informing me of this and aski...

chucky eggs.....

why is it sometimes when you've hard boiled an egg you can't get the shell off, as the skin has adhered to the eggy too tightly? am I boiling them for too long????..... I put them in warm water bring them the boil and boil for 7 mins...how do you do ...