Anyone with Pet Insurance?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has Pet Insurance and would recommend the Insurers?  Equally, if you were disappointed with a Company, it would be helpful to know.

If it helps I have short-listed the following:

LV (Liverpool & Victoria)

Animal Friends

John Lewis

Sainsburys

The Co-Op Insurance

VetsMediCover

Lifetime Pet Cover

Any comments on those or any other would be greatly appreciated.  (Pet Insurance is no easy task)!!  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

I use Legal & General for my little dog, they offered the most  options so I could tailor make the cover I wanted.  Went direct to them rather than through a comparison site, so I could discuss with them exactly what I needed.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

until recently I was with Animal Friends, and had been for several years with no problems. I have cancelled the policy because I discovered that my rescue **bleep** was a lot older than I was led to believe when I got her and therefore the policy I had taken out was technically fraudulent, and the cost for a much older animal (which she was) was beyond my reach. I was with A.F. for a previous dog and made endless claims which were always paid promptly. It is always best to take out a lifetime policy that will pay out for the life of the dog rather than for a fixed period of illness. I've never used Pet Plan but have heard good reports of them as well. Hope this is a bit of help

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

My rescue "bleep" was actually a female, and I used the correct word for a female dog!!!!! Seems the English language is no longer suitable for Ebay

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

@myraandjim wrote:

My rescue "bleep" was actually a female, and I used the correct word for a female dog!!!!! Seems the English language is no longer suitable for Ebay

Couldn't agree more Myra.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I used Pet Plan for my cat, as my vet recommended them.

I got 3 months free when I had her microchipped

They paid the vet fees direct to my vet when she was ill, but did not pay for euthenasia, but I knew that as it was stated in the policy.

I now have another cat, and he is also insured with Pet Plan

Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

My cats are insured with Animal Friends. They seem like a good company. They support good causes too.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Grateful to you all for your comments regarding your experience with Insurers.

Thank you

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent