Who do I turn to. ?

An item I posted was delivered yesterday ( 11. 50 am Sunday)  , the person was out and it was left on the front door step and a card was put through the door.

At 15.20 I get a message from the buyer saying there's no parcel just the note through the door, he has checked on Evri's website and seen the picture of the parcel on his door step but it's gone, he says it must of been stolen , now I realize he could be lying but he could also be telling the truth so I've refunded him regardless as Ebay would have done it automatically and it saves time but my question is, who do I turn to if at all I can ?!!

Evri have delivered it but are they countable ?

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Who do I turn to. ?

I think also as a side effect, it can also damage sales in general, because of the cost of 'reliable' delivery is higher, so, especially with smaller items, I've not bought things because the postage was more than the item and doesn't make it of value to me personally, but I know why it's like that, so just move on, I know some might say that postage shouldn't be included in the cost of something but when you are working to a specific budget, it hinders your buying options, so less sales for some.

I try and offer free postage but now, either have to add a service or make the item more expensive to cover costs, I don't like doing that, as a 'bargain' can soon turn into a non sale and whilst I'm a private seller with low volumes , IMHO it's just a matter of scale as the symptoms are the same for everyone.

I am now also going to start using saved sellers independant websites more, outside the box, I know that doesn't make delivery any better but, cheaper usually, some offer warranties, (CEX offer 2 yrs on SH! I know they have a bad rep but our local franchise one is very good and hands on checking/testing), free or cheaper postage, some consistancy in what too expect through the door and it just feels better, a bit more personal, not an EB statistic and a bit more relaxed not having EB looking over your shoulder or suspicious characters on the mooch.

So already another not using EB as much, not because of the sellers or buyers, but the environment plus I'm sick of Ads from Japan shoved into my eyeballs. ; )

Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

Who do I turn to. ?

Update :

I've had a full refund from Parcel2go as it was them who I booked i through.

I sent a Letter of Claim and the following day I received a £20 offer for a refund which I declined, the day after I received a £60 pre pay refund to my P2G account which I declined , I then received the refund in full but I must agree to buying extra protection insurance on any future items which I declined  as even if I did agree it's not binding but I declined it anyway,   I then didn't hear from them and the 14 days to the letter of claim ran out so I then sent them a Particulars of Claim letter and they replied saying the full refund is still available so I agreed .

They still state that for any claims extra insurance should be taken out out but their insurance isn't regulated by the Fca so it's unlawful and I Won't be taking it out in the future.

I use Evri quite a lot and to be fair I haven't had too much of a problem with them but there's always a chance you get some brain dead or time strapped driver who makes a mistake or is up against time.

As for P2g they can refund you if you know the consumer rights act and are repaired to push them, Don't be fobbed off !

Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

Who do I turn to. ?

Glad to see you got refund. What a nightmare! 

Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: