Help! No sales!

Hiya, 

Only been on here for the last few months as a business seller, but in the last week sales have stopped! I offer 2 day despatch, returns etc. No returns everything looks ok to me but nothing in the way of sales, nothing has changed same product same price just looking for some help and advice as to why?!

Any help is appreciated 😊

Thank You ❤️

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Help! No sales!

I feel for you, I have had not decent sales on here for months, just 3 book sales in the last month, it is very depressing. No idea what is going on with Ebay these days apart from too many glitches on the system. Hope it gets better for you x

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

Hiya, Thanks for the reply, it just seems odd, previously it's been up and down from one to six a day but being new I would expect a bit of that, but now it just seems to have stopped but when I look at the stats everything is green yet no sales, I'm not sure which way to turn, promotions etc. They don't seem to have much impact previously so I'm unsure it's worth it. Just very bizarre!

Thanks, 

Karolina 

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

The Ebay algorithm can play wonderful games, but there is the possibility that you've been hit by clothing now being free to list from private accounts?

You mainly sell trainers and that category may be getting flooded with new listings from private individuals meaning yours are being buried.

What is traffic like on the dashboard, is there a dip in impressions and views?

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

Screenshot_20240422_200727_Chrome.jpgI'm not an expert in all this yet but all seems OK to me? 

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

Like you say it could well be, just seems odd, there's only so many ways of titles etc and they have been thus far, it is not my main income so isn't a major issue but obviously I'm looking to grow this and go full time eventually is the goal. I appreciate your reply though 😊 want sure on the community in here this is a first time post 😊

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

The algorithm likes newness and hates any listing over 90 days old.  Listings over 90 days get no views/ may be invisible in more popular categories.

I try to batch end anything getting stale and sell similar every few weeks

Ideally swap photos around., tweak the title, check the description.

I empty my ended listings (delete all), then from seller dash select the items to end.  Go into ended listings and select them all. Then click bulk sell similar.  Do the tweaking in bulk editor. List.  Finally go back to ended listings and delete all those you've just sold similar.

First time you try maybe go five listings as o you can test the process.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

I find ebay very up and down.

I got 5 sales one Friday and the next Friday zero sales.

I suspect there are a lot of factors like time of month where people dont have much money left.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

Yeah there is certainly no steady pattern as yet! Hopefully it will settle down, there's always tomorrow 😊 

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

It won't be sneakers as only clothing and not shoes or accessories are included in the fee free offer.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

The algorythm reqiuires best practices

Suggest this post, a long read but worth it

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Share-your-tips-for-increasing-sales/m-p/75500...

Also the ebay Business You Tube Channels, a lot to watch but pick out the videos appropriate to your needs, best pratices from the 2023 Road Show

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

My sales have near enough stopped, only 3 over night and nothing so far today and after speaking with CS yesterday I'm doing everything right plus I'm sponsoring 80% and still nothing.. I think its the hangover from Easter, the ongoing economy cost of living and issues going on in the world.  Its not just an eBay issue of no sales, Amazon and OnBuy or the same.

Hopefully it will pick up but my sales over 31 days are 40% down and the lowest for 4 years!!

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Help! No sales!

I had awful sales last month but so far this month 200% up on last month   All I will say is spend some time changing anything on the listings which does seem to refresh things and most of all don't panic. I know that's easier said than done but in my experience a bad sales period doesn't continue for long. I've always wanted to make this my only income and give up working but with bills to pay you just can't rely on eBay's erratic sales 

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: