Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

good news at the right time

as i was feeling pretty low my daughter has just phoned from slovakia to tell me her and alfonso are coming home in july to get married.they thought the good news would cheer me up. i am now so happy for them and it is something to look forward to.

Why did warden photo my tax disc?

I picked up a parking ticket about three weeks ago I picked up a parking ticket about three weeks ago. He gave me less than five minutes."Too late!" he barked. "It's more than a minute overdue. That's it. There's nothing I can do about it." He was qu...

Mob phone question (bear with me!)

I've had a mob phone for ages, but have just got an iPhone. Previous phone didn't have internet access. Obv iPhone does. Man in the shop explained quite a bit, but I'm still not sure how much I can use the web (it's 500mb of data) and what settings t...

Resolved! work problems latest update

following on from my visit from occ health which went very well. i do not know if occ health have contacted management and HR yet but all day yesterday i had health and safety area manager shadow me all day clock watching and making little notes in h...

how do you do yours?

roasties that is.....I've done them in goose fat, oil, coated in semolina...lost count of other ways...I still think beef dripping is best, but only once in a while as they are so norty!!! over to you........

Shopping trolleys

I am now approaching that stage whereby they are no longer for old fogeys, but are starting to look an attractive proposition. Indeed, these days they are sexy! Young folk take them to festivals! They come in all sorts of jazzy patterns! I'm starting...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

din dins.....

I tried doing a chicken in the halogen oven thingy we bought, it does a rotisserie thing....oooh lovely! but you can only roast a budgie sized chicken really. Had it with new spuds and mixed veggies.

Any cat owners?? Help please...

Morning,I got my lovely 2 year old rescue cat a year ago, she's settled in brilliantly and is so happy with us.I've always been aware of a cat at the back of us that she doesn't get on with, I've noticed it picking on her before.Well, yesterday we di...

Hyacinths

I was given a pot with 3 hyacinth bulbs for Xmas. They have flowered, and the dead flower heads have been cut off. What should I do with them now, seems a shame to just throw them out.

Days for girls

As a lot of you know we have been raising funds for Days for Girls to enable us to buy materials to make kits up.There is an order going out in October that we have been helping with, here are some photo's of our makes.

2014-08-08 20.11.26 (640x373).jpg 2014-08-08 20.17.00 (640x402).jpg

social media

why oh why do people put such private and sensitive information on social media? I have just discovered that a close family member's marriage has broken down - it was posted on fb!!!! I know it has been a shock to many people and do feel that some in...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

WORLD CANCER DAY 2015

ONE DAY EVERYONE WILL SURVIVE CANCER. PLEASE JOIN US IN THE SEARCH TO REACH THAT GOAL. FOR THIS TO HAPPEN, MORE MONEY IS NEEDED FOR RESEARCH. PLEASE VISIT WORLD CANCER DAY AND DONATE £3. IT IS NOT JUST THE CANCER PATIENT WHO SUFFERS, THEIR FAMILIES D...

World cancer day 2015 2 003.JPG

puter help please

can any one tell me in clear easy steps how to move the task/start bar that should sit along the bottom of the puter screen but now sits up the left hand side and it was along the bottom when i went to work and up the side when i came home and hubby ...

King Chas? No thank you!

Going back through history we've been known as the Tudors, Elizabethans, Georgans, Victorians and what will we all be known as once this plant talking heir takes to the throne takes over about ten years from now? A right load of Charlies!

Sunday evening.....

what have you been up to tonight? I've remade the beds, nice new linen on them now.then I tidied up the kitchen, OH swapped over the tumble drier as the one the previous owners left was scraping something in the drum aye the noise!!!!!then tonight I'...

Great News

Steph's little girl was born at 4.20 this morning weighing in a 7lbs 7.25. No name as yet. Steph is absolutely shattered. I've only spoken to her for a couple of minutes as I told her to try and get some sleep. I'll let everyone know the name when I ...

White bunny rabbits!

White Bunny Wabbits everybody. It's meant to bring good luck if it's the first thing you say in the morning as you turn your calendar. There you are - I said it first! Spoiler (Highlight to read)