puter help please

can any one tell me in clear easy steps how to move the task/start bar that should sit along the bottom of the puter screen but now sits up the left hand side and it was along the bottom when i went to work and up the side when i came home and hubby says i did not touch it(yeh all right i believe you NOT) please 

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

puter help please

Click and hold your mouse pointer on a clear part of the bar and pull it back to where you want it, then right click and choose 'lock task bar' to stop it happening again.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

puter help please

thank you so much.it was easy when you know how..it was so distracting having it up the side.he still denies moving it.

.................................................................................................................
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

puter help please

It's quite easy to accidently move it if you haven't locked it.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

puter help please

For internet use I prefer the task bar to be at the side, it gives a bit more space for webpages.

It does take a bit of getting used to though.

puter help please

i can understand but it confused me.also if either of you can answer this why has the task bar double is thickness since i moved it to the bottom

.it is now twice as wide as it use to be????

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

puter help please

Do you mean there's "something" above the task bar?

Have you got the status bar enabled?

If so, click "View", mouse over "Toolbars" and see if "Status bar" is checked.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

puter help please

it is now twice as wide as it use to be

Try:

Unlock the task bar again (via the right click/context menu.)

Hover the cursor over the top of the taskbar - a double-headed arrow with one arrow pointing up, and one down, should appear.

Hold the left button of the mouse down, and drag the top of the panel down until you achieve the original width.

I suspect there's a cleverer way of doing it than that that, but hopefully, it should work. On the old XP, I often ended up with  a ridiculously large task bar which resisted efforts to restore it to normal for some time.

Once everything's to your liking, remember to lock the taskbar again.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent