Why did warden photo my tax disc?

I picked up a parking ticket about three weeks ago

I picked up a parking ticket about three weeks ago.  He gave me less than five minutes.

"Too late!"  he barked.  "It's more than a minute overdue.  That's it.  There's nothing I can do about it."  He was quite bolshy about it.  But what REALLY got up my nose was the fact that he arrogantly took a photograph of my tax disc.  It doesn't run out until the end of July, but the fact that tax discs are no longer required to be displayed, what God-given right did he have to photograph it in the first place?Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad  When I challenged him about it, he quite literally shrugged his shoulders and walked off without saying anything.  Arrogant B.  Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Could it be possible that any vehicle given a parking ticket is also checked for payment of tax and that by obtaining a picture of the tax disc it would do the same?

my understanding is that if its still in date it should be still displayed

the wardens round here take photos of everything,  if the car's being booked

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

what God-given right did he have to photograph it in the first place?

Nothing to do with 'God' at all, I'd expect!

Parking Enforcement Officers take lots of photos from all angles of the vehicle and it's resting place, to prove they have not fabricated their PCN.

You could try to appeal (I'd suggest you send your appeal to the local council, though. I doubt God will be able to help) Smiley Happy

Photobucket

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

God did help me in this case - to keep my cool!Smiley LOL  Already paid the bill.  In church that Sunday:

"Your prayers are asked for ... and anyone else who you feel could do with His help."  Guess one person who wasn't on my prayer list!  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL!!!!!!!   

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Guess one person who wasn't on my prayer list

Spoken by a true Christian Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

(You should have appealed though - might have been successful, especially if you'd only run over by one minute).

My daughter caught a parking officer standing over her car when she returned to it, waiting for the ticket to expire. She was in time, but he was standing there, waiting for the time to run out, with his pen poised. She did give him short shrift Smiley LOL

Photobucket

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

In our local small town we don't have any problems - everyone knows that the traffic warden only comes on Thursdays so we just all avoid town on that day and park where we want the rest of the week.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Just put it down to experience.  It couldn't have come at a worse time though i.e. January.  The annoying thing is It costs 30p for half-an-hour but 80p for one hour, and no way was I prepared to pay an extra 20p on top - I was going to put a second 30p after half-an-hour, so a couple of minutes over the half-hour @ 30p, cost me £25.00!

As the old saying goes - God pays debts without money!  Doh!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

I think that's right.

Also, it can work in the driver's favour when the very officious warden takes numerous photos of vehicle including number plates, but then gets the number plate wrongly entered - so the wrong owner is sent the demand for payment, and that person can then fight it on the grounds that the vehicle allegedly wrongly parked was not even a car which his vehicle was, but a large van.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

You don't have to display your tax disc even if it's still valid.

"From 1 October 2014, the paper tax disc will no longer need to be displayed on a vehicle. If you have a tax disc with any months left to run after this date, then it can be removed from the vehicle and destroyed."

Taken from this site:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

I took mine off and my little car looks naked without it.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

I took mine off and my little car looks naked without it.

we got a letter from the  new  aa chairman  introducing himself and also including a square thing for the window with the telephone numbers on that 'could be placed where the tax holder once was '

lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent