Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Listings

It really bugs me when people don't research their listings properly, often giving false information. I was trawling through listings for a certain type of crockery I've collected for over 30 years, so I knowa bit about it. So many items purported to...

DVLA Scam email

Just received this, the weird thing is I taxed hubby's car online yesterday. The wording is a bit of a give away. DVLA Driver and Vehicle License AgencyDate: 19/February/2015 Dear customer,We are currrently upgrading our database and we found that yo...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cee Dee - for you

I don't want to trample all over CB's eejit pheasant thread. My interest in all of this started in 2011. We were supposed to fly to the US 2 days later. Well that didn't happen. So, since the weather was so glorious and my husband is determined that ...

We got an egg!!!

Spring is springing. For the first time since last October we have an egg!! We have 2 Hamberg banties, 1 Wellsummer and 2 totally punk cross Legbars who have been living the life of Reilly over winter, the only exercise they have had is charging out ...

DVD v VIDEO

Videos - nice little earnet at bootsales - "£2.00 each or three of £5.00." Now you can't give them away! Personally, a video any day of the week. Whatever the the film or DVD player I find the lip synchronisation is hopelessly out, and jerky too on m...

so.....

did you have pancakes tonigh?for the first time in years we had them, ooooh they were good, I enjoyed them so much smothered in lemon juice. then I saw the sugar content in each one....10grm each!!

suprised fainting smiley.gif

In a quandary - no response from buyer

I'm in a bit of a quandary and I'm not sure what to do about it. Back on the nineth a buyer outbid four other people to win a 1000 piece circular fairies puzzle and paid for it immediately. I then checked it as a matter of course before repacking it ...

Cost cutting tips?

Mine are: buy a slow cooker; use a hot water bottle instead of the radiators; lug heavy shopping home in a trolley rather than getting a taxi. Oh, and all 3 are redundant if you can achieve No 4: find a not-too-choosy millionaire.

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loads of tins of tomatoes

......any suggestions? (no not that). I tend to buy them when I see them cheap, and have about 12 tins. I need the cupboard space! Has anyone a recipe using tinned toms?

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bored - 3 in the Morning

Roll up, roll up for the FHG Country Fair,come see Chicken Grandma fly through the air, her only support is the g string that she gets to wear,beneath her sequinned leotard, honest I swear,And OMG it's our Maggie whose joined her up there,She's walki...

carpet shampooer

I'm going to have to buy a carpet shampooer but have no idea where to start with deciding which one to buy. Does anybody have any tips on choosing a make / model etc. My carpets are quite grubby, courtesy of 2 dogs, so it needs to be pretty efficient...

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos