work problems latest update

following on from my visit from occ health which went very well.

i do not know if occ health have contacted management and HR yet but all day  yesterday i had health and safety area manager shadow me all day clock watching and making little notes in her pad...she was bored witless and i got the impression that she thought she was wasting her time.

it was not nice having her watch me(i hate anyone watching over my shoulder) but i think it went well and i think she was shocked at how busy i was all day.

i even had my two smaller breaks were i take paper work outside and do so i can chill out and have a ciggie and even this she was happy with as i was still working.

so now me thinks it is crunch time and management and HR have to make a decision as to what to do with me....

watch this space.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 96
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chin up Cookie, do not walk love, it is up to them,  please get advise sooner rather than later,  and hold your ground.

Message 66 of 96
See Most Recent
95 REPLIES 95

Good luck with it Cookie.  I hope that your bosses see sense a lot sooner rather than later.

Message 2 of 96
See Most Recent

I hope so ! I wonder how much that cost the firm?

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 96
See Most Recent

well that's promising, let's hope that she writes up just how hard you were working, shame she was bored, pity she didn't roll up her sleeves and join in!!

seriously though, good luck and I hope things get sorted.

Photobucket

Message 4 of 96
See Most Recent

good luck, it will do your employers good to see just what a hard worker you are.

Message 5 of 96
See Most Recent

Cb she did help me and the kitchen assistant do some washing up she also made my egg mayo for me...

if she worked as quick as she peeled hard boiled eggs she would have no chace of getting lunch out on time

and then she looked at me as if I had gone out when I passed her the cheese grater...to grate the eggs I said.and she was impressed by this idea.

today was not a bad day until 11.30 when I had 1 hour to get out 31 mixed grills including

40 sausages

40 rashes bacon

40 grilled tomatoes

40 grilled mushrooms

40 fried slices

and 40 fried eggs 

as well as liquidizing a mixed grill and mash and gravy for the liquidized

And  also topped fresh fruit cheese cake in that one hour.

I was knackered 

.................................................................................................................
Message 6 of 96
See Most Recent

She might put in a report recommending you have at least three assistants cookie!  Woman LOL

Message 7 of 96
See Most Recent

as long as i get to just my work i am alright.a washer upper would be nice though as i do not have a dish washer and i have to do all my own washing up.

Message 8 of 96
See Most Recent

Good luck with this, cookie - it doesn't do them any harm realising you work even harder than they thought, and maybe with that lady following you all day, they might start to realise how unreasonable they are being in asking you to do even more.  I'm bowled over by everything you can get - or have to get, I suppose, as I don't expect you've got the option not to - done in an hour: they should pay you extra already because you're doing more than one person's work as it is Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 96
See Most Recent

Well cookie, you weren't kidding when you say you grafted.  I did your job, but for only 10 residents and 2 staff. NO DISHWASHER!!!!  That should be top of your list of new requirements.  That is just a ridiculous amount of washing up on top of the cooking.  In fact, don't the dishes have to be washed at a certain temperature?  Only manageable through dishwashing as it would be too hot for hand washing - H&S and all that?

Stroppy could do with your lot, at least to do a risk assessment - at least they seem to know what it means.

I do hope you get a favourable outcome heart

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 10 of 96
See Most Recent

i only wash up by hand anything that i cook with(saucepans mixing bows liquidizer utensils cake tins ect) in the other half of the kitchen is the kitchen assistant.she mainly concentrates of tea trolleys breakfast tray lunch trays supper trays and she has a dishwasher for anythging the ressies use cups plated cutlery ect..

the only thgings of mine that go in her dishwasher is anything that has touched raw meat and raw eggs..thats it.

i wil;l agree it is a very hard days work..in seven hours i have  31 residents to feed

i help with  breakfast for about 20

prep and cook main lunch

prep and cook second choice lunch

prep and cook first choice sweet

prep and cook second choice sweet

any odd meals because they do not like choice 1 or 2.

make cakes for tea trolley

prep home made soup for supper

doing all the choice  lists for lumch and tomorrows lunch list.

prep second hot choice for supper(fish pie/sausage rolls etc)

prep fillings (tuna salmon egg mayo etc)

prep and cook sweet for supper trays

most of the above has to be done bbefore 12.30 as when i have finished dishing all the lunches to ressies i get about an hour after lunch to do all the washing up and cleaning of the kitchen and when i have finished i end up with paper work

but management have no idea how long this takes

Message 11 of 96
See Most Recent

Thats management all over Cookie, ours are the same, I thought I worked hard until I read what you do, at least I am moving about in my 8 hours.

Message 12 of 96
See Most Recent

i just run around in very small circles..one of these days i may just disappear up my own back sideMan HappySmiley Surprised

Message 13 of 96
See Most Recent

BLIMEY Cookie your a grafter and a half. They had better work out something to your advantage,,,bless ya. id come and help you if i was there!!!!.heart

Message 14 of 96
See Most Recent

i think the residents are lucky to get a home cooked meal all the time

im sure theyare luckier than those getting  the meals on wheels food type deliveries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 15 of 96
See Most Recent

thanks towery they have fresh cooked everyday.meat and veg .we never use the freezer to freeze left overs to re-cook .amd they also know that out of all the choice they get if they do not like it i will cook them a jacket or omlette or fish for them.i will even put the big deep fat fryer on if they want egg and chips.people think i am mad putting that on for half a dozen chips but they pay enough to be there they should have what thay like....

i love my job pity about those above me....

Message 16 of 96
See Most Recent

At my place of work - a housing charity, now there's an oxymoron for you - they decided, after 5 years or so - to stop serving breakfast.  It was only porridge or cereal and tea and toast, not exactly an expensive meal.

I did my nut and pointed out that it wasn't just a  meal but a social thing too, after they had all been in their little apartments on their own all night, but no, that was that.  It was very sheltered housing ,a great idea with their own wet room/sit down shower and a tiny kitchenette.

There was talk of the ready meals when I was there too, but I said I wouldn't do it.  Now they have one full time cook Mon to Fri and weekends the ready meals.  I feel so sorry for the residents because, as cookie says, they are paying a great deal of money to live there.  I worked from 2-6 pm.  Go figure.

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 17 of 96
See Most Recent

update as of last teusday...NOT LOOKING GOOD.

right the manager has arranged for me to have a meeting with him and HR next wednesday and i was ok with that but then on the same day just as i was getting ready to go home he asked me for 5 mins  of my time so in the staff room we went.

he questioned why i had changed toad in the hole ..to sausages in onion gravy.and i explained the the chef and i had talked about this and chef agreed that it is very hard to do for 32 residents and was happy for me to change.

he then asked what right i had to undermine him.again i just said chef and i had spoke and as chef is in charge of the kitchen i thought it was ok..

i getting confused by this time when he dropped a bomb shell.he said he has had the report back from area manager from when she watched me last week and i was in a very tricky place.he then told me several things that she wrote and she has LIED though out  her report .i was so angry but said she was lying and i justified each comment he came out with with the truth.

he then finished the impromptu meeting with the comment.you do not have to do something big to be suspended but lots of little things all add up..and i took this as a threat to my job ..i was gutted but he had to go then as they had an emergancy with a resident.

on friday i recieved a letter confirming the meeting with HR on wednesday and in the letter it advised me to have a work collegue or union rep with me.. now i am really worried that they can not get around the ME problem but they are going to stick together and blame me for lots of little things and then gett rid of me.....

very angry and very upset.

i need a huge hug please...

Message 18 of 96
See Most Recent

(((((((((Cookie)))))))))

That is disgusting.  I hate it when people lie like that.  I would definitely have someone with preferably a union rep.  It's disgusting.  Good luck.  I'll be thinking of you.

Message 19 of 96
See Most Recent

i have spoke to a collegue today and she will be with me so that is good.i will not be own my own...thanks for the hugs .

Message 20 of 96
See Most Recent