work problems latest update

following on from my visit from occ health which went very well.

i do not know if occ health have contacted management and HR yet but all day  yesterday i had health and safety area manager shadow me all day clock watching and making little notes in her pad...she was bored witless and i got the impression that she thought she was wasting her time.

it was not nice having her watch me(i hate anyone watching over my shoulder) but i think it went well and i think she was shocked at how busy i was all day.

i even had my two smaller breaks were i take paper work outside and do so i can chill out and have a ciggie and even this she was happy with as i was still working.

so now me thinks it is crunch time and management and HR have to make a decision as to what to do with me....

watch this space.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 96
See Most Recent
95 REPLIES 95

Re: work problems latest update

Right I have calmed down a bit now and not quite so angry basically they went through the area managers statement I defended my self against all her complaints with much arguing from manager and HR and they asked me if I was calling her a lyer(how the hell do you spell lier) and I calmly replied no our versions differ gratley .they then got quite shirty.i asked for a copy of the report and they said they have to ask her permission to give it to me(what ***) they then continued and very quickly covered the occ health womans and my doctors statements and said they could not see anything in either of those that would stop me doing the extra work.i was gob smacked and asked for copies of those and HR ummed and arred and said she would copy them and send me.i asked to have a quick look at hers and you would have thought I asked for her last rolo.;) so once they had ruled out occ and docs report they had a field day and through alsorts at me and there was not a thing I could do but try very hard to stay calm.the manager then threatened me with suspension again.by this time all I wanted was a ciggerette.  2 hours we were up in the room.

We ended the meeting by me agreeing to shadow the chef on one of his days and allowing a chef from another home to come and watch me work to see if he can point me in the direction of time saving to enable me to do the extra work.

there is nothing I can do now till I have copies of all the reports and until then I am going to find a solicitor local who does employment related things.and then take all copies with me when I go and see him.

I have emailed occ health woman and explained to her what was said and asked her to explain what she wrote. Still waiting to hear from her...sorry to rant but it has helped.sorry also about spelling but its 12.30 and I am so tired but my head is full of carp at the moment sleep eludes...........how *** do you spell lier???????spell check does not help...

.................................................................................................................
Message 61 of 96
See Most Recent

Liar is spelt LIAR.

Good luck with all that carp you're getting, but I've got the feeling that 'they' now want rid of you. Don't walk, let them suspend or sack you and then take them to the cleaners through an industrial tribunal. 

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 62 of 96
See Most Recent

Thanks for the spelling musta my brain just would not work right.and I will not walk out.i will not give them the satifaction .and yes I will take them to court for constructive dismissal.that is what a friend told me it was called.

Message 63 of 96
See Most Recent

So sorry to hear that the meeting did not go as you had hoped.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 64 of 96
See Most Recent

Cookie I'm so sorry over what happened yesterday.  It's awful to be lied about like that.  It's also equally bad to be treated like the scum of the earth as well.  People like this annoy me.  They expect you to be honest with them but they think they can treat you like the scum of the earth.  

Good luck Stroppy.

Message 65 of 96
See Most Recent

Chin up Cookie, do not walk love, it is up to them,  please get advise sooner rather than later,  and hold your ground.

Message 66 of 96
See Most Recent

Thanks ed and I must learn not to swear as someone up above does not like it.*******************************

Message 67 of 96
See Most Recent

Sorry for making you green ed the screen moved as I clicked post.

Message 68 of 96
See Most Recent

Grrrrrrrrr ohhhhh COOKIE im so sorry everything went awry. ITS SO ANGERING,,,who do they think they are. Their all like that as soon as you start sticking up for yourself and dont allow yourself to be a doormat,,they want to get rid of you quickly. YOU must not allow them to get away with anything my love. YES,,,you take them straight to court if they threaten to push you out. PUT the fear of god into them!!!!!!!!!!!!!,see how they like it. Its awful when your heads fit to bust and you get in a state about work. Its your job and it pays your bills hun,,,,its worrying. DONT let them push you around Cookie. ((())) ((())),,((())) we love you and you have our support!!!!!!!.heart

Message 69 of 96
See Most Recent

Oh  Cookie  , hope you are feeling better  today

how did your colleague react?  were they surprised?

i'd be very interested to know what is at the root of this situation , its obvioysly  not just the breakfast

i wonder how the residents view the menus and the stanards of cooking, whether they have noticed anything at all.

((((Cookie))))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 70 of 96
See Most Recent

i have not spoke to my colegue yet  as when we came out of meeting we sat to have a ciggie and the manager followed so we could not talk.i think that was planned..will call her tonight. and i and my husband now think that there is something deeper they are trying to cover up..but i have no idea but i have been working exactly the same for 8 1/2 years without a problem..

also when the area manager came to watch me and tell porkies about me  she came at 8 o clock and i always put my steak for steak and ale pie on to simmer first so it gets a good 3 + hours  simmering so it is tender for the ressies with no teeth...

in her report she said that i had not browned my meat as i should have done.....i asked HR to please tell me how she new that when it was already cooking when she came in .she looked at me and quickly changed the subject and never mentioned it agan. if i tried to bring it up again i was just spoke over and ignored....

Message 71 of 96
See Most Recent

when you go in an watch the other chef  are you being paid?

or do they want you to come in voluntarily?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 72 of 96
See Most Recent

i am being paid as it was there idea..originally i refused as i am not the biggest fan him.but just to shut them up yesterday i agreed to there demand on the condition that they do not tell him what day i am going...to which they agreed.i also said that if i get any inkling that he new i was going i will just go home and we will be back at square one.

Message 73 of 96
See Most Recent

you need to make sure the colleague who went with you doesnt discuss or hasnt already mention it to anyone else

Message 74 of 96
See Most Recent

Fingers crossed for you Cookie.  I hope that everything works out well in the end.

Message 75 of 96
See Most Recent

sorry it's going a bit haywire Cookie, stick in there mate, we're behind you xxx

Photobucket

Message 76 of 96
See Most Recent

just an update on my work problems.

after dragging this on for almost 11 months and putting me through tremendous stress my employers have today after 9 years of working for the oldies have SACKED ME .

quoted the money i would get and said that it.i have five days to appeal but no notice given then i walked out of the home..i am very shell shocked at the moment...

Message 77 of 96
See Most Recent

that is awful, Cookie, don't know what to say really. Is there any point in contacting an employment solicitor? so sorry you must be feeling really *** at the moment.

Message 78 of 96
See Most Recent

So sorry to hear that Cookie.:(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 79 of 96
See Most Recent

That's terrible Cookie.  You must be devastated to say the least.  

(((((Cookie)))))

Message 80 of 96
See Most Recent