Any cat owners?? Help please...

Morning,

I got my lovely 2 year old rescue cat a year ago, she's settled in brilliantly and is so happy with us.

I've always been aware of a cat at the back of us that she doesn't get on with, I've noticed it picking on her before.

Well, yesterday we didn't see her all day, finally showed up at 7pm - totally out of character.

She's just not right. Normally makes all sorts of noises & miaows, but is as quiet as anything. Isn't eating her food, doesn't want me touching her at all. Normally rubs against my leg and wants tickling but she's having none of it. She just isn't herself.

We're thinking she's had a bad fight with another cat and is a bit withdrawn as a result.

Do you agree? Can any of you suggest anything to settle her again? She's just not herself..

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

You could be right , why not pop her down to the Vet to make sure shes ok ,.

When cats fight they sometimes get abscesses from the wounds inflicted by claws & this can make cats very ill  , she may need antibiotics .

Thank you, I will do that.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

If your pet is out of sorts and behaving out of character the best thing to do is take them to the vet .

Animals cannot tell you if something is wrong ...they can only show you through changes in behaviour . A trip to the vet would be worth it and the vet could give a health check ....
Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

Hello

As already said take her to the Vet as soon as !!

Then the Vet will be able to assess her & tell you if there is anything wrong = peace of mind at least for you !!

Hope she gets back to being herself again !!  I love cats whether small or big !!!

hugging_kittens.jpgA little hug from one cat lover to another Woman Very Happy

PS: Let us know how she is doing please !!! 

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

Hope she's ok,

🐈🐱

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi all,

I've taken her to the vets and they're keeping her in for observation.

She's lost a bottom tooth and the gum is really inflamed - he's wondering if she's fallen and knocked her tooth out and possibly broken jaw.

Another thought is that something is stuck in her larynx as she won't let anyone go near her in that area.

They're going to observe her for a bit, give her xray if needed and an operation if something is wrong.

She is so special to me as I nursed my aunty until she died with asbestos related cancer, and I adopted my cat afterwards and named her after my aunty, so I would hate anything to happen to her.....

Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

Aww poor puddy cat ,  hope she gets better soon , t1041.gif

Aw, I hope it turns out not too serious and is easily sorted.  I'm more of a doggy person than a cat person but I don't like to think of any of them hurt and frightened.   Get well soon puddy.

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

Just wanting to add my best wishes to those above.  3-legged cat Oliver is helping me tupe this.

Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

Hello

Thanks for the up-date !!

Truly hope that she recovers or that she will get better indeed !!

imagesKH6LMZZD.jpgGet well please !!!! Woman Wink

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

I'm the same as Chickengrandma in that I'm more of a dog person but I don't like to see any animal suffering.

Hope that your poorly cat is soon better.

Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

hope she is back home with you soon, 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

lr9zxpOSbZGjHVpqF7Gs.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

hope your cat is better soon, try not to worry too much as cats seem pretty good at recovering from quite horrible injuries and illnesses. My cat was really ill last year and it was doubtful if she would survive - within a couple of weeks she was back to normal and being a little monster again. please let us know how she (and you) are getting on.

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

Best wishes for you and your cat from me and Mrswsk and Jasper our 16 year old cat, who has just had 4 teeth removed and is feeling a bit grumpy!

Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

Good thing you took her to the vet, all that would easily explain her "out-of-sorts-ness".  Hope

your dear little cat is soon well on the road to recovery - she might be a little bit wary for a

while 'cos of whatever's happened to her, but she'll soon be fine I'm sure.

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

Ahh, Wsk, hope Jasper is soon out of the grumps, bless him.

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Thanks! Jasper is fine today, eating normally and much happer than he has been for a while.

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

poor cat...how awful for her. I too prefer dogs but we have fostered a cat for 5yrs and he changed a lot of my ideas about pusses. I miss him so much, he was a real cutie.

do keep us posted won't you ?cat smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent