B & B between Thurso and Tain, do any of you .....

Know of any at a reasonable cost for one person for one night ?

The reason I ask is I have a delivery to make in Thurso on Tuesday and will be in a 3.5 tonner with no sleeping facilities so need a B & B.

Thank you in advance for any help and / or suggestions.

Sorry for bothering you all with my dilemma.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Smiley Happysleeping bag back of van after delivery and save money

park in garage forecourt

Petal
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

open back flatbed petal so no way would I sleep under the stars in the Highlands in this weather.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Hi, try Booking.com search Thurso, Tain and Castletown several cheap B&B offers there,

hope this helps and good luck.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Smiley Happyhmm yes that would be cold, best to google as sugested

Petal
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Sorry, may have misled you saying Tain as it is Tain where the Glenmorangie distillery is.

Had Googled petal but thought maybe someone had been up that way and could recommend somewhere. First hand experience I usually find most helpful.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

I know where the distillery is petal but not sure if I will get back down that far from Thurso before I need to stop. Did use a B&B on Morangie Road in Tain before but just looking for any alternatives just in case it is full or I did not manage back down that far. It all depends on how quick I get unloaded and how tired I am because it is a bit of a trek from Glasgow to Thurso especially if the weather is bad or god forbid I get held up by an accident.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=+B+%26+B+between+Thurso+and+Tain

theres a few on that link

off now for foodSmiley Very Happyhope you find somewhere

Petal
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Am I too far away from Thurso to be of help? I'm outside Banff so a bit of a trek from Thurso but would willingly give you a bed and food.

PM me if it's of any help and |I will give you the address

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Thanks Myra, but just too far away in Banff. I think somewhere around Tain will be about my limit on way back down. If I could have made any further I would have went to my caravan just outside Dufftown which is closer by about half an hour driving time.

Many many thanks for the offer though.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Completely off Piste here but Tain has vivid memories.  Last November on passing through and seeing that I was low on fuel I put £26 of 4 star into my diesel tank, the first time ever and hopefully the last.  God Bless Green Flag!!!  We also found that Wick has a goodly few reasionable B&Bs, dont know if that is too far north for you to check out.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Wick is almost beside Thurso annie but trying to get back down a bit if I can before stopping for the night.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent