Packlink price for evri today increased nearly double

Went to print a label through packlink earlier and evri had increased from £2.87 to £4.45 overnight and no longer had inpost locker option so had to use yodel.  Think it must be a glitch as there has been no notification. However, on the evri website the price is £2.99.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 56
See Most Recent
55 REPLIES 55

Hi mate someone on here sent me this link as the reason for the price hike was coz it was a remote area

https://www.evri.com/location-charge-postcodes

Message 41 of 56
See Most Recent

Not the case for me.  I am not sending to, or from, any of the affected postcodes.

It's back to my theory that it's a software glitch, incorrectly applying a remote location surcharge.

It seems this is happening to more and more people now.

For me the prices have nearly doubled from what I used to pay since September.  I have given up trying to get it resolved and am just using other carriers now.  eBay agree there is a problem and keep saying they will fix it, but don't.

Message 42 of 56
See Most Recent

What I have noticed of late is when something is automatically relisted it changes the evri delivery weight from 1kg to 15kg very odd and very annoying 

Message 43 of 56
See Most Recent

Each time i use yodel they dont upload the codes, so went with evri. Now I suppose I gotta go back to yodel😭

and RM has your pants down too!

Message 44 of 56
See Most Recent

Similar problem but mine is with the insurance which, for an extra £10 on top of the inclusive amount, Packlink want to charge £2.98 whereas on the evri site it is £1.55!!

Yet another ebay bug to contend with!!

Message 45 of 56
See Most Recent

I use the Evri App and it is £2.99 under 1kg to anywhere in the UK other than Northern Ireland and Outer Islands.  Basically if there is no sea involved!  Never experienced any isses.

Message 46 of 56
See Most Recent

Yes, mine has reverted back to that price, I think it was a glitch that was affecting it somehow ?

Message 47 of 56
See Most Recent

The issue comes when you add insurance which I do on everything over £25 given I have had issues in the past.

I now use the evri website which, although my account “forgets” that the default should be thermal printing and will not change my phone number, is considerably cheaper. More messing about but worth it.
Message 48 of 56
See Most Recent

I haven't used the Evri App for eBay sales.  Does that mean you buy the label from Evri direct, rather than Packlink, and just upload the tracking number to the eBay order?  Can buyers still track it via eBay or do they have to go through Evri?  And what happens in the event of a claim?  I assume it's through Evri, which is a daunting prospect given their awful Customer Services bot!  Sorry to ask so many questions, I am just keen to find ways I can start shipping with Evri again at a sensible price.  I still get quoted £5.46 for all low value parcels  (<£25)  even when there is no sea involved!

Message 49 of 56
See Most Recent

Do you mean £5.64?

This is the price for packages over 2KG (through Packlink). The item value doesn't factor into the price (unless you opt into optional additional compensation). Maybe check the weight you've selected? If you have selected 2-5KG then this price is correct.

Also, while you can buy directly from Evri and just paste the tracking number into eBay and it'll work just fine, Packlink is technically cheaper. (for 2KG for example, £5.64 vs £5.96).

Also also, make sure you go all the way through to the checkout on Evri's site to get the actual price, because the number they quote at the start of the process doesn't actually include the delivery to the address.

Rather, it's the price for delivering to a parcelshop. They charge you more to delivery to a home address (which is what 99% of the time you'll be doing).

Message 50 of 56
See Most Recent

Hi, yes I do mean £5.64 - sorry for the typo!

Unfortunately it's the price I get quoted for every parcel in the 0-1kg range and is nothing to do with weight (just double checked). I think it's incorrect application of a remote location surcharge in the Packlink software. It's been ongoing since September and I've given up getting eBay / Packlink / Evri to look into it as they all blame each other and nothing happens.

Thanks for most helpful information and advice re the Evri app. Might start using it for sales less than £25 in value.

Message 51 of 56
See Most Recent

Might also be worth trying it on a different device. If you're using the eBay app, try in web browser or vice versa.

Also, try selecting "padded envelope" because the max it goes up to is 1KG.

This means, IF the issue is that it's applying the max weight to your item despite what you enter, the max weight will top out at 1KG.

Even if your item isn't a padded envelope, Evri doesn't differentiate so long as your parcel is no more than 120cm in length and 245cm overall.

(So if I had a shoe box-sized parcel at 1KG, it'd print the exact same label and charge the same price regardless of whether I'd selected padded envelope or shoe box. Hope that makes sense!)

cantisque_0-1709501167172.png

Lastly, if you're entering the weight manually, make sure you're getting kg and g mixed up (like entering 250 when you mean grams, but it's set to kg).

Message 52 of 56
See Most Recent

It is mainly the increase in the level of insurance, (i put it on everything over the included amount where applicable) however, not just that.

Normally I would use the ebay site for anything that does not include the insurance (recently for an extra £5 insurance to £30 the quote was £1.61) but I have just this minute used the evri site for an item and the charge was £3.59 (delivery to home address and "signature" included) whereas the ebay site was the normal £3.84!!

And, you can get the invoice for the transaction straightaway rather than waiting several hours for it to "generate" (shame it is not at the same speed as taking our money!!) and also I can continue to use my preferred method of payment, PayPal, which appears to be only available for Royal Mail purchases.

As to having to use evri's customer support rather than Packlink, the last time I contacted Packlink they told me that I had to complete forms on the evri website and wait to hear back from them. I was able to get through to evri's customer support about as easily as one would expect these days contacting a human and they were very helpful and issue was solved almost straightaway.

That said, Royal Mail 48hr service is becoming a better option for my items up to the £150 insurance limit although I have found their tracking atrocious and I dread to think how one would make a claim for non-delivery/damage. 

Message 53 of 56
See Most Recent

Hi, thanks again,

All really good suggestions, but unfortunately nothing makes a difference.

tried using the app instead of my browser...

tried manually inputting padded envelope dimensions and a low weight/package value manually rather than selecting the shoe box option 

all are still a fixed £5.46 cost!

The only option remaining is buying direct from Evri website rather than Packlink. I will investigate. Thanks to everyone for help and suggestions 😀

Message 54 of 56
See Most Recent

I have noticed this too.  It was working fine last week, but my last few parcels have gone from £2.94 to £5.46.  I've gone back to Royal Mail for now, and I informed my buyers that I have sent using a different carrier due to a price increase. 

Message 55 of 56
See Most Recent

Which is just where I sent to. £5.46 😳

Message 56 of 56
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: