The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

If you Die it could cost €10,000

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-people-coffin-up-funeral-4599322 ..The price of a funeral has rocketed to as much as €10,000 in Dublin, where a lack of burial space is driving up grave costs. Elsewhere across the country, burying a lo...

False accusation.

I'm a bit torn over this. A man is falsely accused of **bleep**. (a well known sexual crime) After going through his own personal hell it is proved that the allegations were false, and never happened. He was released without charge,his life, will now...

Do you believe in this..

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/keith-barry-predicts-governments-collapse-4581908 ... In 2005 I predicted the Buncefield explosion on Tubridyb tonight before it happened. I had some crazy new premonitions last night so here they are. There ...

best E- cigarettes

Hi All,Does anyone know "what is the best E cigarette in terms of safety and overall satisfying customers? Thank you all ! You are doing a good job !

Scousers :(

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/shocking-new-statistics-reveal-merseyside-8075380 Shocking new statistics reveal Merseyside is home to nearly 1,300 convicted sex offenders The figures mean 112 of every 100,000 Liverpool residents a...

Good advice

Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Any Ideas.

Morning.I am trying to clean up my Purchase History.As normal,I hide (Archive) the order from the More Actions dropdown box after I have left feedback.For some reason I dont get that option on two items,just View Similar Items and Sell This Item.Both...

Branson / Virgin.............Right or wrong ?

I know that when it comes to Cars etc. that many of the modern day innovations, have come from the track and the cutting edge of Motor Racing. However, although the same has applied to Space travel and exploration; N.A.S.A. has pioneered this form of...

Why are people so cruel?

On the beeb news tonight was the case of a gamekeeper from a well respected country estate in Norfolk was given a suspended sentence following being found to have poisoned 10 Buzzards and a Sparrowhawk. It is believed that he did it to minimise losse...

Anne Maguire murder.

Will Cornick the teenager was 15 years old when he stabbed teacher Ann Maguire,61, to death as she taught at a class at Corpus Christi Catholic Colledge, in leeds in April. He excchanged messages with a friend early on Christmas day on Facebook. ''In...

The British Legion Poppy appeal

Up until recently Poppies came in simple forms and you could buy them in various public outlets, shops schools and so on. I know that years ago many poppies were made by ex servicemen. Our contributions would go to the British Legion . Recently there...

We Dont Want Irish.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-girl-turned-down-south-4571951 Nov 05, 2014 She was informed that she or any other Irish people would not be hired due to the "alcoholism nature of your kind" Katie wasn't in luck due to Irish people's ...

Pistorius trial.

I see it's all being strung out again? Over here, after a verdict, people are often "remanded for reports" and a date for sentencing is often a month later. Once done, there's no rambling like they're doing in SA. It seems they're almost doing the re...

User avatar by Guide
  • 63 replies
  • 0 kudos

Elgin Marbles

I watched a debate this morning on TV about the Elgin Marbles. What do you good folks think.......should we let the Greeks have their marbles back?

There will NOT be 6 days of Darkness in December

This is sweeping the Net and it's a Hoax HOAX - 'NASA Confirms 6 Days of Total Darkness' OutlineA circulating report claims that NASA has confirmed that Earth will experience 6 days of total darkness between the 16th and the 22nd of December due to a...

Alzheimer's EyeTest

ALZHEIMER'S EYE TEST(I love this part.. It’s absolutely amazing!)Count every "F" in the following text:FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITHTHE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.....(SEE BELOW)HOW MANY 'F's?3Count them again.4WRO...

News from around the globe

The only Buddhist nation on earth, Bhutan famously measures its success not with gross domestic product, like most countries, but rather with gross national happiness. Perhaps not surprisingly, a past Business Week poll found it the happiest country ...

The Scottish Referendum rears its head again.

Just before the referendum, the Daily Record (Scottish tabloid newspaper) printed a sensational front page displaying a "Vow" to the people of Scotland apparently signed by the three leaders of the Better Together parties. The content of the vow was ...

Trouble brewing?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/29/justice-probation-contracts-private-companiesTwo outsourcing companies, Sodexo and Interserve, are to be put in charge of more than half of probation services in England and Wales under the most far-reac...

Here we go again.

Three Irish guys go into a pub, have a few pints and are ready to leave and pay their tab. The bar back brings them a bill for exactly £30.00. Each guy gives him a tenner, and they leave. When the bar back hands the £30.00 to the bartender, he is tol...

Making the Right choice

Like many my age I don't want to leave this world and expect someone else to pay for the funeral, so it's all sorted, well all except the Coffin. Trouble is who can you ask for advice? They have all moved on, so do I go for a fitting? And how does on...

There may be blackouts ahead but

A new wind farm came on stream today near Barrow in Furnace, the scale is awesome and it takes advantage of one of the most reliable windy places on the planet. Could these farms also become potential marine conservation areas helping to improve fish...

Practical Jokes...

We all like a laugh at times, and some of us can be practical jokers.Well, over my life I have indulged in a few, some I obviously cannot relate on here for erm!! obvious reasons, others like putting cling film across a room entrance, or over the toi...

Things to come.

With all the problems that the airlines are going through, and the cutting of services, this is a scenario that just might become reality in the near future... Attendant: Welcome aboard Ala Carte Air, sir. May I see your ticket? Passenger: Sure. Atte...

ebola ebola

If ever there was a time to make our Ports, and Airports secure, it has to be now, surely! But I bet our Politicians will only act when it becomes too late, and the problem becomes rife, as it eventually reaches our Shores. We, by that I mean, our el...