Pistorius trial.

I see it's all being strung out again?

Over here, after a verdict, people are often "remanded for reports" and a date for sentencing is often a month later. Once done, there's no rambling like they're doing in SA.

It seems they're almost doing the reports live in Court?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 64
See Most Recent
63 REPLIES 63

Pistorius trial.

Im fed up watching it ...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

Oh please keep watching then come back and tell us the result. grin

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

I thought he was found guilty of manslaughter and was only in court again to hear his sentene for that.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

He's had his trial, this is the sentencing hearing and I hear it is due to last 3 days. Defence and Prosecution will present their reasons for a lenient/harsh sentence.

I believe the prosecution may even appeal against the murder aquittal.

Message 5 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

Isn't he also being prosecuted for owning a gun illegally as well?

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

@saasher2012 wrote:
Isn't he also being prosecuted for owning a gun illegally as well?

The prosecution is done and dusted, the firearms offences were tried alongside the murder/manslaughter offences.Apart from any possible appeal from the prosecution he's just awaiting sentencing.

Message 7 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

What's going on is all part of the trial. The defence are now mitigating = attempting to show what a good chap he is, what a jolly good fellow he's been and could do more good out of jail than locked up inside.

After that, the prosecution will attempt to show him in a different light and that he should be jailed.

The continued proceedings are expected to last "about a week"....

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

The trial has concluded, this is the sentencing hearing, they are two different entities.

Message 9 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

One word answer to the Defence going on & on about His charity work

Savile

Message 10 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

o j

Petal
Message 11 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

It's the same as all the celebs, would we be so interested if he wasn't so well known as a disabled athlete!

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

@saasher2012 wrote:
It's the same as all the celebs, would we be so interested if he wasn't so well known as a disabled athlete!

I dont gave a dam about him all i want is to see Sky News at 9am.. why do Sky think he is important to people in the UK. that they give him hours on the TV.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 13 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

I agree it's OTT but it's interesting how other countries interpret & carry out their judicial system? 😊

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

@saasher2012 wrote:
I agree it's OTT but it's interesting how other countries interpret & carry out their judicial system? 😊

Next will be Judge Judy doing her crime cases..

Message 15 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

It is also given major coverage on Sky Sports news

Message 16 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

Well that at least is understandable as he is a sportsman, but I wonder how if ever he will be able to continue after this?

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

Well it proves that if you want to bump somebody off, you should do your homework first. Take them on Holiday to some Country where life is cheap and you'll just get your wrists slapped and made to clean some public toilets for a couple of weeks. Oh! and where you can find plenty of do gooder probation officers and Psychiatrists, who all want to be the next " Sigmund Freud".

Message 18 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

😳😀

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 64
See Most Recent

Pistorius trial.

I find it quite interesting that Mr Pistorius has been paying The Steenkamps cash on a monthly basis, but that they are now going to pay it back. I wonder why.
Message 20 of 64
See Most Recent