Impressions broken again??

Can you please check if there is another problem with impressions? Another counting glitch? These stats can not be correct. Organic impressions promoted views down to under 3000 views today at time of writing. This time last week almost 73000 views. Please help.  dave@ebay kat@ebay 

7E9BF935-90AC-440E-9BCE-A84269AC01A7.png

Message 1 of 667
See Most Recent
666 REPLIES 666

I've spent some time on this.  My reward was a headache.  Heavens yes, your account / visibility is capped as are many others.    It doesn't matter what you sell or what catetory you're in or what your photos, titles or descriptions are like .  Pay or beggar off.  It really is that simple. I'm not trying to be a smart *bleep*.  All the best. 

Message 661 of 667
See Most Recent

Sorry have to disagree with you on this one - I pay 2% standard promo and nothing more and getting plenty of sales but you do have to work with Ebay which has changed alot recently - Hope you dont mind my suggestion but you may May benefit from changing to postage paid instead of free postage and offer multibuy/combined post or Bogoffs as your items are small and lightweight so people are likely to buy 2 or 3 from you.  Also you arent using all the 80 characters on the title so limiting your results under searches, eg adding Silver, metal, keyring Key ring chain also in the item specs you need to add in "theme" as Ebay uses the filters more now.  Please dont fall into the trap of thinking you have to throw money at ads as I dont but you do have to figure out how to maximise your search results, Ebays filters and algorithms - Good luck

Message 662 of 667
See Most Recent

Please don't be sorry.  I really appreciate you took the time out to offer advice FOC.  If you don't mind, here's my 2024 take on things.  Stop messing with titles, decriptions and photo's.  It confuses things and wastes a ton of time.  Get to the point with the buyer.  Why would I put things like "silver metal" or "keychain / key ring" in my titles?  If I'm not paying, there is zero chance I'll ever get found for that.  You do have my utmost respect and thanks for sharing your knowledge.  Pay up or even you're about to get ebay slapped.  If it hasn't happened yet, it will.

Message 663 of 667
See Most Recent

Why would I put things like "silver metal" or "keychain / key ring" in my titles? 

Your first 4 keywords are looking for a match - If a buyer searches for "silver keyring" and you have not put the word silver in the title ebay wont see that as a strong match, If you put in "silver keyring dragonfly" it sees it as a match and more likely to show you in the results  - I agree I would like it the way things were years ago when we would  list an item and ppl found your listings without manipulation but we have to go with it Im afraid.  I refuse to pay more than 2% promo (it was 1% before they upped it) and I do pretty ok so It really isnt about paying for ad space

Message 664 of 667
See Most Recent

Looks like ebay are back at there old tricks, organic impressions dropped by 60% in frba and havent recovered !!

Message 665 of 667
See Most Recent

Nope ours are the same (havent dropped). February was a quiet month in general and on all our selling platforms

Message 666 of 667
See Most Recent

Do you promote? 

I found my Organic impressions were dropping but since I turned off promoted listings nearly two months ago, Organic has been steady and growing because if its promoted I was finding it was only selling as promoted (Ebay not displaying it organically)

And sales are up, page views are up, impressions are up, top 20 search results are up... List goes on. 

But I think there is definitely a correlation between organic vs promoted if you promote, Ebay wants you to pay the extra fees.

Message 667 of 667
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: