Negative feedback not all it seems

You are very wrong in your negative feedback stance. Some people are just hostile. I have encountered two very hostile people who never messaged me first with their complaint which had no grounds to be made, nor did they ask for a refund they simply dumped negative feedback to destroy my income which is down now by a third! My investments in my plants is wasted I invested £300 approximately pounds in upgrading my plant hobby business to eBay buying extra plants and other items.

Many angle to keep their item and get a refund.

Ebay takes the view that any negative feedback is worth keeping! With my income down now by a third I am desperately seeking other means to top up my meagre pension. The amount I am talking about is a puny £60.00 a month profit which is all I can get after paying all the fees, especially the promotion fees which consume the majority of the possible gains to ebay. It's just not worth it anymore.

Ebay is doing nothing to detect and address any of this it is quite happy to see the suppliers go under, plenty more i guess but it is UNFAIR

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Eh? Private sellers must make a profit even if its small, or else they would just be a charity. If I find I have any items that is costing me money to list then I remove them.

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

The idea of eBay initilally was for ordinary people to sell stuff they no longer needed - they are not enetering into a career to as you so formally phrase it to "sell goods and services". Many buyers these days seem to think we are all Jeff Bezoz  - they expect to return items and get a refund before or even without returning the item and leave negatives at the drop of a hat - back in the day buyers would message you and it could be sorted out informally.

Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

The only 'profit' a true private seller needs to consider is whether it costs them more in fees and postage than they get for their item.  As they will only be selling their own old unwanted items, the cost of the item (part of the profit calculation for a business), does not come into it.

You, on the other hand, are a business seller selling illegally on a private account.  Of course profit comes into it for you, but as you are no doubt taking advantage of free listings and any pomotions, your profit is actually more than it should be.  This listing for example, identifies you as a business seller:

You clearly bought these with the intention of selling them = business seller.

papso22_0-1711450320295.png

Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

You are talking nonsense - so nobody whoever sells anything privately according to you wants only to make up their postage & fees! What if an item has risen in value or is a colectors item? Btw: this forum is to answer & engage in points raised - not to go off and have a gander at what a person is selling or not selling.  Bet you are a right little jobsworth. Sad, very sad.

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

I would rather be a 'jobsworth' than a law breaker.

I note that you have not responded to my point about your account status, which implies you have nothing to say, i.e you agree with me on that bit.

By the way you were the one who posted on the businbess seller board about proft, which is very much a business term, and yet are masquerading as a private seller.  What you sell is not a secret, so there is nothing wrong with 'having a gander'. 

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

And you have not to replied to the fact that your first thought when engaging with a forum response is to scurry to check out all about the person making the comment - which seems a very strange attitude indeed and quite creepy.

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: