Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Favourite Adverts

Mine is an ancient one for Kronenbourg. It involved Schubert working on his unfinished symphony when his mates want him to go to the bierkeller. They tell him there'll be Kronenbourg, and he says "Now you're hitting ze right note!" and downs his quil...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Culinary question ish.

My son who works in a supermarket picked up some bargains last night. Bread cake etc when he came home he pit it straight in the freezer as he normally does. Much to my surprise this morning I found 2 dressed crabs. These were reduced because of the ...

Help with Hyperthyroidism in cats ...

............has anyone had a cat with this illness, what was the outcome , how much did it cost ? The vet wants to do some blood tests as he thinks my cat Smudge has it & if so he may need an operation to remove the thyroid . gland . Smudge is 13 yrs...

vegetarian packed lunch ideas please

i host foreign students in the summer and for very short periods in the autumn / spring. on sunday i have 2 boys arriving, one is a vegetarian it's only for 5 nights so i can just about sort out 5 dinners but i also provide a packed lunch every day. ...

User avatar by Engager
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tin of Chopped Ham and Pork

I got a good price on one of the above, but don't have a clue as to how to serve it. I'm thinking, is it a Spam type thing? I don't fancy it cold from the tin as it looks like compressed spew, but how do I cook it? In fact, should I cook it?

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

apple picking

just took the last of the cooking apples off the tree, they are about 4wks early, but they are so massive!!! I've never seen apples so big before! we've lost a lot of them going bad on the tree, must try to sort that out. has anyone else noticed that...

Beanies Flavoured Coffee?

Saw jars of this Coffee for sale in Sainsburys - all manner of 'flavoured' instant Coffee. (Particularly liked the sound of Almond and another with Ginger). As anyone tried this Coffee, and what did you think - awful or appealing? Thanks,Amethyst

User avatar by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hello and goodbye

I am all for tradition, so I thought I would go back a few years and do a flouncy goodbye thread... lolI am sad to see that all the fun seems to have been bleached out of the boards. Yes, there used to be some nastiness in here, and it's a shame that...

Losing teeth

Just a question. The ladies on here like myself who are in the Menopause or Perimenopause,,,. Have you noticed you have been losing more teeth in this stage in your life?. Im wondering as i have another bad toothwhich is infected and i only had my la...

Invictus games

I have been watching the games on and off all evening. Very humbling.Makes me feel like a right winger about my back when I see what these guys and gals have gone through.

Help needed - Arthritis

OH has been taking methotexrate for a good few years now and it is working fine but the Doctor is slightly concerned about some side effects. Needless to say himself has now read up on the side effects for himself and wonders if he really should be t...

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Aracnaphobics beware!

I've just read the story of some house in Ireland whose owner bought all these tropical creatures. They bred like flies and so he shut up shop, closed the door and went on his merry way leaving literally hundreds of deadly spiders, scorpions, an 10" ...

Clothes and Moths!

I have a small rail of clothes in a spare room, (no space for another wardrobe). However, because they are in the open, is there any way of protecting them from being gobbled by moths? (Either chemically or naturally). Thanks,Amethyst

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you get on to a wish list?

Im desperately trying to find a user manual for arecently bought fridgefreezer but it's hopeless. When I type in what I want and go into search, it just gives me endless prices of Fridgefreezers but not the manuals and when I try to go into the wish ...