Aracnaphobics beware!

I've just read the story of some house in Ireland whose owner bought all these tropical creatures.  They bred like flies and so he shut up shop, closed the door and went on his merry way leaving literally hundreds of deadly spiders, scorpions, an 10" centipede and God knows what else scuttling across the floor!  They were perfect breeding conditions because of the central heating system.  There were also several venemous snakes in the property.  No fault of their own, the house was fumigated so nine-tenths of them saw another day.  The he biggest danger is no hospitals in Ireland carry anti snake venom because Ireland doesn't have any poisonous snakes.  St. Patrick, if you believe that type of thing, caught every snake in Ireland - it must have taken him a hellofatime!.  The spider story is true, so I'm not "Spinning you a yarn!"Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Aracnaphobics beware!

spi

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

arghh... how far can they run? think i'm safe the house is an hour and a half away.

seriously though, a lot of the creatures had to be euthanised because of this idiot
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

Poor things, just because they aren't cuddly makes it no less cruel to leave them in this state, & because some are dangerous only compounds the offence !.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

The spider pictured in this article looks just like the one in my bathroom. Smiley Happy

http://home.bt.com/news/oddnews/hundreds-of-deadly-spiders-found-in-house-of-horrors-11363931953130

The coin is a 2p .

Spider 01smaller.jpg

Aracnaphobics beware!

I rather like spiders, but do tend to go a bit girly when they run especially towards me.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

OMG That pictures ORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Woman Surprised

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

Now here's the strange thing about spiders.  Although they choose the most unsavoury  of places to build their webs - usually behind the toilet, down by your feet, or in drains, as insects - or aracnids to be correct, they themselves harbour no germs.  Unlike the fly, or even worse the mosquito, they themselves carry no germs.  Any vet will tell you that.  We only have one breathing tract - the nose.  The common garden spider has eight along it's back.  They are also very solitary creatures and only have enough oomph to build a nest once a day which takes about an hour to make.  Once his web collapses, that's it for another day.As Michael Caine would say: "Not a lot of people know that."  I will go to great lengths to capture a spider so that I can put it out of the house safely.  They may look monstrous to you, but how do you think you look to them?!!

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

This is what I was greeted with one day - was not impressed.  At one point I thought it was a dry leaf blown in through the window and was just bending down to pick it up and it moved - I don't think I ever moved so quickly 😄

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

Now that would have sent me into a girly scream! Lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

What country do you live in fluffy??

I hope it's a long long way away!!!

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

Bankhaunter, the one in your picture with the 2p is a female House Spider.
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

🙂  I live in the UK CG (but that was when I was over in Cyprus)  xx

I shouted to my husband would be come and move a spider - he shouted back "hang on I'll just get a tissue" - I said you'd better bring a shovel 🙂 🙂 🙂

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

I knew there was a reason I never fancied going abroad!!!  Woman Surprised

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Aracnaphobics beware!

🙂

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent