Clothes and Moths!

I have a small rail of clothes in a spare room, (no space for another wardrobe).  However, because they are in the open, is there any way of protecting them from being gobbled by moths?  (Either chemically or naturally).

Thanks,

Amethyst

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Clothes and Moths!

Cedar balls & protector bags

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

Camphor balls. Stinks to high heaven though. Personally I would use the ceder balls like Sam said
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

I love the smell of camphor.... but cedar balls are readily available and when the smell goes you can rub them up on a bit of sandpaper and they're as good as new.

Photobucket

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

Sounds like it is Cedar balls then (and protector bags).  Daft question I know, but where do you get Cedar Balls?  No idea what they even look like!  LOL

Thanks for helping, appreciated.

amethyst

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

I think I have seen them in Wilkinsons also Lakeland
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

I got mine from Lakeland & that's a good tip about scraping them .

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

If you search for "cedar balls" there are loads on here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

My Mother used to swear by soap.  Every drawer and the wardrobe shelves were full.  Preferably strong scented but she drew the line at wrights coal Tar. 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

Unfortunately, do not have those particular shops near me.  However, of course, try ebay!  LOL. 

Appreciate the tip of scraping them.  Presume Cedar Balls would maybe be based on strong smelling soap, but perhaps more effective - I may just put a bar hanging in a bag while I wait to get the Cedar Balls.

Many thanks,

amethyst

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

There are cedar clothes-hanger discs on sale in Lidl at the moment, one of their special offers - £1.49 - just bought some today!
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

our garden centre used to have them, they were the balls you bought to pour flavoured oil onto them. You could try there if you can't get them on ebay

Photobucket

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

I'm sure I heard somewhere that sprigs of dried lavender also works, can anyone confirm that?

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Clothes and Moths!

Lavender bags have been used for years as a moth repellent.

You should be able to get dried lavender online very easily (including on eBay)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent