Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

mouse4702
Conversationalist
I've been given some, fresh from the garden. What do I do? Do I need to peel it? Thanks
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Never peel mine, just wash it, cut it into 1" lengths ( or there abouts), nuke it in the microwave and have it on my cereal in the morning. Takes the enamel off your teeth but I love it

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Ahhhh....rhubarb crumble with custard ...mmmmmm,

Wash and cut rhubarb into cubes , add sugar and stew then top with crumble and bake .....lovely with cream too...yum yum ...
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Oooh rhubarb crumble... and it all bubbles up round the edge and gets all toffee like! Given up adding sugar though, I love it sour!

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

I love rhubarb especially crumble and custard.  

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Same as everyone else but without the sugar, I add orange juice & eating apples , it still makes your tabs laugh! Lol

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Shouldn't need to peel it unless it's very large and tough on the outside. I like to roast it in the oven as it keeps it's shape better. Just put chunks in a shallow dish and sprinkle with sugar and any other flavourings of choice, cover with foil and roast until tender. It can then be eaten as it is or used in cakes, pies etc as you wish.

Rhubarb and ginger jam is lovely too if you've got loads to use up Woman Wink

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Rhubard and strawberry jam here also rhubard and ginger chutney.
Also rhubarb fool and rhubarb crumble. I have 3 plants and I get loads going to divide them again this year.
I too don't put too much sugar in I love the sharpness of it.
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

No its not a new sort of rhubarb I was trying to type without my glasses on my mobile.
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!

Ohhhhhh yes Rhubarb is bad for my teeth but make a Crumble with ice cream or Custard. One of my favourites.Woman LOL

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent